The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

8 minutes ago, doodlesbyben said:

You won’t be the only one. The 2017 Wednesday almost finished me off. I passed out in a slither of shade beside my tent having mild hallucinations (queued overnight so was tired too), just awful. 

The site wide cheer when that cloud covered the sun in the evening will stay with me forever. 

Was the the temperature that day? I think about 26/27 is the max I could reasonably cope with at Glastonbury

34 minutes ago, moogster said:

This week end Hellfest is France is expecting 35+ degrees temps. They have giant water sprayers that shoot water up to 60 meters away. I am wondering if the GL crowed would love this or start screaming in horror "NO MUUUUUD!!!"

From what I read it all seems fine to me, just need to know a bit more as to choose my lower legs coverings. So keep up the good work Weather Thread!

A fire engine was spraying cold water onto the path on the really hot day of 2017.  The kind of amount that would completely soak you if you walked through it. Nobody complained!

Least of all me, who was really starting to overheat, even rubbing ice on my head didn't help, but the water spray sorted me right out.

10 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Yeah. The worst is, I am genuinely scared. I'm scared of having a panic attack in it. Which means Im more likely to have 1. I havent had 1 for a long time, but I also havent been in the sun since. 

I am determined to enjoy the festival, but if there is a heatwave, the likelihood is, I'm going to suffer.

Maybe it would be a good idea genuinely for you to steer clear of the weather thread for a few days. The reality is it's Britain in June. Really hot weather for 5 days running is hugely unlikely. It's only really useful to look at the forecast a couple of days ahead. It might be best for you to reduce your own anxiety and just make sure you have practical plans to deal with whatever weather comes along. 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Was the the temperature that day? I think about 26/27 is the max I could reasonably cope with at Glastonbury

Very close to 30 if not the big three-oh itself (I think it was the new record for temp at Glasto)

Edited by doodlesbyben

42 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

None of the usual weather forecast websites are showing anything near that heat for next weekend. I would be surprised if it actually happens 

It's far from certain and we're on a KNIFE. EDGE.

But remember the apps and forecast sites you look at will not necessarily be reading from the very, very latest data. Might take another day of this "high winning" trend for them to agree and respond.

Yesterday, the BBC lowered temps for Pilton after the poor run and added some rain. Today, the temps have risen and the rain has gone.

Edited by briddj
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

It was about 90 minutes of drizzle late Saturday morning. It was supposed to be gone quicker than that and I started getting the fear that it wasn’t going to pass. 

But obviously had no effect on the ground at all. 

2017 my recollection is going to Arcadia after Radiohead on the Friday night and it rained for about an hour....around midnight-1am ish.

1 minute ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Dare I say it, but this is starting to look good.  Apart from the possibility of showers on Wednesday, ECMWF now predicts a dry festival with manageable temperatures of around 21c each day.   Perfect.

it builds the high to the west, so not as bullish as the GEM, but keeps the rain away…

DF902821-D781-4374-8928-5AF47726EB5B.thumb.jpeg.760bff746c3d13515cd7c262257df88e.jpeg

Oh Here We Go GIFs | Tenor

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Dare I say it, but this is starting to look good.  Apart from the possibility of showers on Wednesday, ECMWF now predicts a dry festival with manageable temperatures of around 21c each day.   Perfect.

it builds the high to the west, so not as bullish as the GEM, but keeps the rain away…

DF902821-D781-4374-8928-5AF47726EB5B.thumb.jpeg.760bff746c3d13515cd7c262257df88e.jpeg

I think that should be good enough for everyone lock it down!!

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

A fire engine was spraying cold water onto the path on the really hot day of 2017.  The kind of amount that would completely soak you if you walked through it. Nobody complained!

Least of all me, who was really starting to overheat, even rubbing ice on my head didn't help, but the water spray sorted me right out.

The Fire Brigade were also out and about spraying people on the gates, this was Gate C on one of the hot days in 2017:

image.thumb.png.dc198fffdc58aadd5105b79f01e39201.png

10 minutes ago, Sheffield Steve said:

Is the green rain?

10 minutes ago, Sheffield Steve said:

That's it - I'm sticking with this one and not budging.  Thanks.