The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Rain and 28 degrees is not a good mix. The rain will be warm, the ground will get churned up as Friday is the day more people will be moving around between stages.

28 is hot, but I'm happy to take this over rain. 

yeah...maybe. I'd actually take cooler and cloud cover and some light showers over sun and 28...but I think I'd probably take sun/28 over all day pissing it down.....horses for courses.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

yeah...maybe. I'd actually take cooler and cloud cover and some light showers over sun and 28...but I think I'd probably take sun/28 over all day pissing it down.....horses for courses.

would 100% take 26-28 over 2016 or showers like the ones during U2 (wasn't even there) It gets a little difficult and you gotta keep up on sun cream and water intake but at least I wont be miserable and deciding if I should cross the field to go see a band and if I'll make it in time because the ground is destroyed. Also you get to sit down. 

22 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I hate saying this but maybe summer festivals just aren't for you anymore. If you're unhappy with 22 degrees at the end of June then its gonna be really difficult for you. Especially with camping in a field with not much shade. 

I am not disagreeing to be honest. For a number of reasons, I had already decided 2022 is my last Glastonbury. The weather being 1 of them. (That's pretty low on the list, but it's on there). That's why I want to go out on a good 1.

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Rain and 28 degrees is not a good mix. The rain will be warm, the ground will get churned up as Friday is the day more people will be moving around between stages.

28 is hot, but I'm happy to take this over rain. 

It'll turn to steam as soon as it hits the ground!

Seriously though, unless it's shit loads of rain, it should dry pretty quickly. I know we're not talking light drizzle, but I remember the "rain" in 2017 - it was raining and was still dusty. No mud at all, even whilst it was raining.

Hot temps with the rain is better than cold temps with the rain.

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

would 100% take 26-28 over 2016 or showers like the ones during U2 (wasn't even there) It gets a little difficult and you gotta keep up on sun cream and water intake but at least I wont be miserable and deciding if I should cross the field to go see a band and if I'll make it in time because the ground is destroyed. Also you get to sit down. 

I was there for U2 and the rain and it was great...added to the bad vibes..

agree with sitting down though...but won't want to sit out in 28C for long. Anyway, we'll see...probably get downgraded to something more normal.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

agree with sitting down though...but won't want to sit out in 28C for long. Anyway, we'll see...probably get downgraded to something more normal.

U2 rain was nearly as bad as U2 themselves. Went back to the tent for a party 

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It'll turn to steam as soon as it hits the ground!

Seriously though, unless it's shit loads of rain, it should dry pretty quickly. I know we're not talking light drizzle, but I remember the "rain" in 2017 - it was raining and was still dusty. No mud at all, even whilst it was raining.

Hot temps with the rain is better than cold temps with the rain.

I genuinely don't even remember the rain in 2017. That year, other than the Wednesday being way too hot to set up in, was perfect.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Lets just hope 2-3 degrees get knocked off the higher days. team 19-22 stand strong. 

2 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Rain & warmth isn't too bad for a short period - rained solidly for an hour at Chems Latitude last year and ground dry by the time set had finish - the thunder & lightning added to visuals 😉

Ha I was enjoying that set so much I don't even remember the rain 😅

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I genuinely don't even remember the rain in 2017. That year, other than the Wednesday being way too hot to set up in, was perfect.

Lets just hope 2-3 degrees get knocked off the higher days. team 19-22 stand strong. 

Yeah, I don't remember any rain at all in 2017 either! Thought it was completely dry!

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

maybe if we start getting more of these silly temperatures in early summer they'd need to move the festival to early june or end of May...?

Nah, it just needs to be set up better to deal with the heat. I went to sziget a few years ago, the main stages start later in the day, they've got shade and misters, and iirc they had air con in the circus tent.

6 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

It was about 10 minutes of drizzle, maybe twice.  Not even worth putting a coat on for, but technically it did rain.

8 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Nah, it just needs to be set up better to deal with the heat. I went to sziget a few years ago, the main stages start later in the day, they've got shade and misters, and iirc they had air con in the circus tent.

Ice Cannons. Ibiza clubs have them. Strap one to a selfie stick & let me use as & when I need it.

(How do I cope in abroad heat.... air con & a swimming pool... and I havent been abroad in summer since 2015 due to the heat)

20220617_080510.jpg

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It was about 10 minutes of drizzle, maybe twice.  Not even worth putting a coat on for, but technically it did rain.

It was about 90 minutes of drizzle late Saturday morning. It was supposed to be gone quicker than that and I started getting the fear that it wasn’t going to pass. 

But obviously had no effect on the ground at all. 

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Ice Cannons. Ibiza clubs have them. Strap one to a selfie stick & let me use as & when I need it.

(How do I cope in abroad heat.... air con & a swimming pool... and I havent been abroad in summer since 2015 due to the heat)

You've probably tried all these things but; wet cloth on back of neck and around the wrists brings core temp down.  I've been working (chef) in a kitchen with a broken extraction unit all week and this helped me.  I really suffer in the sun, (pale moley complexion) but massive sun hat, loose lightweight cover of arms & factor 50 plus an old school fan than I can waft some air around me.

2 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

It was about 90 minutes of drizzle late Saturday morning. It was supposed to be gone quicker than that and I started getting the fear that it wasn’t going to pass. 

But obviously had no effect on the ground at all. 

Was it for that long? Blimey.  But even so, the ground remained essentially dry throughout 😁

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

MetCheck’s interpretation of the runs. I’ll take this. It could be better but it could easily be a lot worse. 

7AE3E7EF-9FC6-46E5-BBA5-65531E64B4BC.thumb.jpeg.06de4d337a98e945492a69ea935109fc.jpeg

889F59E5-B13E-438E-B57F-A65252BB14EC.thumb.jpeg.36b74f043c63f1d344f96601517ea08e.jpeg

2FFC551A-8C9D-4D00-95E9-810D060C0B80.thumb.jpeg.80579b01b668e16f505f3e31c5156134.jpeg

Considering their temps for the weekend are a good 10 degrees less than the reprot.

We still have no idea.