The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

5 minutes ago, Billy Corgans hair said:

Current forecast as it is probably sees me not going.

If I wanted to sit in the rain for a few days I'd go sit on the Moors.

Hopefully things change

Being committed enough to a festival to post on these forums but put off by a bit of rain is an interesting vibe. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, mazola said:

Are people really waiting on knowing the weather before they decide what to take?

You'll need a hoody for the nights whatever the weather, and a pac-a-mac / poncho takes up no room.

Definitely - if it’s going to be a wet cold one I’ll take a few extra things I wouldn’t need to otherwise

Not paid much attention to the ups and downs here and been checking the BBC and it's been giving sunny every day for days now. Then suddenly bam out of nowhere Rain showers on Friday. That coupled with this low pressure on the current run is dreadful news. It's getting worse isn't it 😞 😞 😞

Edited by D-Low

1 minute ago, D-Low said:

Not paid much attention to the ups and downs here and been checking the BBC and it's been giving sunny every day for days now. Then suddenly bam out of nowhere Rain showers on Friday. That coupled with this low pressure on the current run is dreadful news. It's getting worse isn't it 😞 😞 😞

BBC forecast seems to be about 24 hours behind us. 

2 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

Definitely - if it’s going to be a wet cold one I’ll take a few extra things I wouldn’t need to otherwise

Exactly. I’m going by coach so limited to how much I can take, originally only planning on taking a single hoody. If that gets wet the first day I’m screwed so if the weather’s not looking great something else has to be left behind. 

wow, some of you lot are totally bonkers...

There's 8 days left until the festival starts properly... Just like everyone was saying not to get too excited by the nice forecasts, as it could change, the same applies here...

IT CAN AND MOST LIKELY WILL CHANGE!

• Upvote 2

Just now, gherkin8r said:

Basically all of the days within the high to medium confidence range are great and any that are completely unreliable at this stage are shit

and I know which way I'd rather it!

Currently pretty smug about the forecast tbh.

28 minutes ago, Ryu said:

This is my second Glastonbury, last was 1997. 

One of the few (only?) acts on both lineups is Supergrass.

One of their biggest songs is 'Sun Hits the Sky'. 

We'll be fine.

It pissed it down hard the last time they played the Pyramid stage!

Very unpredictable at the moment and plenty of time for it to go either way.   One positive is the lack of torrential rain in the lead up so 2016 levels of mud on arrival look less likely.     I'm expecting it to be more of a 2004 weather vibe (a mix of sunshine, showers and rain on the last day) than 2007 (awful).     

36 minutes ago, Ed90 said:

I'm a first timer - how much rain during actual festival time can the site handle before it gets officially "muddy"?

bit of of mud is fine. i think as long as its not 2016 and you can sit down for the large majority of the festival, people will be happy. ground is very very dry and woud take something biblical now to make it like 2016. bit of rain is good, makes it easier for a ticket next year 😄

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, D-Low said:

But it says light showers 3-6pm with an 18% chance of precipitation which doesn't align with the symbol for the whole day tom. me.....

There seem to be some unrealistic expectations on here, a totally dry festival is the exception, there is almost always some rain at some point, none of the predictions so far have been that bad and we know the site at the moment is bone dry, at worst it's going to be an average festival weatherwise, certainly not a bad mudfest (unless we get a 2005 style once in a century storm), at best it could well be a classic, little or no rain and no scorching temps for those that fry (I don't mind them). It's still looking pretty good to me.