The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

If the weather  model holds then bring it on!!

For those not used to the heat, we’ve got a warm one this week. Get yourself out in it as much as you can to acclimatise yourself to being in the hot weather. 

Won’t be such a massive shock to the system next week. 

Or just get in the oven for a while

Just now, jonnyisRFC said:

I’d absolutely hate 28 degrees too, but it is the end of June and the summer solstice! Kind of expected no? 

Oh, yeah. You pay your money, you take your chance. As I would say to someone if it is raining 'it's a festival in England"..  the "It's june" argument is very fair.

This is partly why I know it'll be my last festival. I avoid the sun at all costs. The last time I had it beating down on me, I had a panic attack. The time before that was Glastonbury 2019.

When it's hot, I stay in.

So cos I wont be there in 2023, you know full well it'll be my kind of weather...

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED!!

27 minutes ago, Sheffield Steve said:

A68AEC81-8621-469E-82B6-C3B7FE335777.thumb.jpeg.35d5d090717a500f87aa2346ef94e63c.jpegA5E77F65-8214-4E4E-B920-941CF38CC32C.thumb.jpeg.650d0b9aef08d39ae854bd83da2327a2.jpeg

The Canadian model, the reasonably reliable GEM, is now out as far as midday of the festival Saturday, and predicts a completely dry Glasto with temperatures slowly climbing as the Azores finger spreads in.  Temps up to 27/28 by the Saturday and probably the Sunday. 

This is inching towards too hot 

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Oh, yeah. You pay your money, you take your chance. As I would say to someone if it is raining 'it's a festival in England"..  the "It's june" argument is very fair.

This is partly why I know it'll be my last festival. I avoid the sun at all costs. The last time I had it beating down on me, I had a panic attack. The time before that was Glastonbury 2019.

When it's hot, I stay in.

So cos I wont be there in 2023, you know full well it'll be my kind of weather...

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED!!

Also gonna be my last one, but not because of the heat. Wanna grab a pakora in the shade when the, ahem, dust settles?

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I'm not contemplating not going. I am preparing myself for the worst though.

I.e. Not seeing any daytime acts.

Staying close to medical tents

The way you post about heat has me thinking you might be related to this guy

image.thumb.jpeg.1fb4be25af6fc3418be2c865509dba01.jpeg