The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

10 minutes ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

I posted the rainfall amounts from 2016 a few pages back. Sunday-Tuesday is basically going to bring about the same, if not more, rain than in 2016, and with less drying time. 

But isn’t it different if it’s constant small amounts that saturated the ground whilst they’re doing everything onsite vs one big down pour that can run off.

16 minutes ago, Billy Corgans hair said:

There's no way that much rain will fall.

If it does I'll buy all the " I hope it's 7°c" dweebs an ice cream on the Saturday

Exhibit 2005

But it was all sorted a few days later, with twice as much rain, people wandering about and far worse drainage.  I don't want it to come true, but I think we'll still be sat on the ground watching Pyramid acts.

Glastonbury-2005JPG.jpg

9 minutes ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

I posted the rainfall amounts from 2016 a few pages back. Sunday-Tuesday is basically going to bring about the same, if not more, rain than in 2016, and with less drying time. 

😂😂😂😭😭

Techno horse has just rocked up from out of nowhere the last few days and pretty much every single post is about it being chaos n carnage. 

20 minutes ago, mikegday said:

Im optimistic the site will be fine! Wouldn’t it need to be raining day after day from here on in for problems to occur? The ground will soak up a good one off pour down no prob!

Temperature not time is the issue if the site does get loads of rain.

Just now, Brad2434 said:

He doesn't have a ticket and spends his days posting carnage in the weather thread

😂😂😂

Its hilarious there’s people out there literally with nothing else better to do. Its great entertainment for the spectators.

He’s probably never even been to Glastonbury ever. If he was called techno cow id maybe buy it but I haven’t seen any horses there. 

41 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Is this like we had in 2016? Torrential rain the weekend before and the site was just mud for the entire festival?

I'm pleased to say, despite superficial similarities, this is really very, very different to 2016. That year had many days of heavy rain making the ground really soggy and saturated. And then it kept showering, preventing the ground from having a chance to dry out. One flash flood on rock hard ground with a very low water table is really different. Especially since Sunday is still a few days out. Most of that water will run right off and into the rivers, ditches and underground pipes and out to sea by the time we arrive.

If this is all we get, the sitting down will be fine. I bet we'll be able to sit on the ground at The Park on the Wednesday.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Upvote 2

The forecast rain on Sunday and Monday is nowhere near enough to cause any problems from the current position we're in. And then the main music days are pleasant temps, a max of 24C at midday on one day and there are cries of too hot? Give me a break

It's a great run, it's got potential for the best festival weather ever all round. And I mean for everyone, cause obviously 2019 can't actually be topped.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm pleased to say, despite superficial similarities, this is really very, very different to 2016. That year had many days of heavy rain making the ground really soggy and saturated. And then it kept showering, preventing the ground from having a chance to dry out. One flash flood on rock hard ground with a very low water table is really different. Especially since Sunday is still a few days out. Most of that water will run right off and into the rivers, ditches and underground pipes and out to sea by the time we arrive.

If this is all we get, the sitting down will be fine. I bet we'll be able to sit on the ground at The Park on the Wednesday.

Fair play. I had it in my head it was the torrential rain on the Friday before that destroyed the site and those videos popped up of water bursting out of the ground. Happy to be wrong though.