The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

ok...mud vs heat...it will come down to how muddy or how hot, right? I don't want a really wet and muddy glastonbury because it's hard work and grim, and I don't want a really hot one because it's hard work and grim...but if I had to choose...ok...need to go away and think about that...

We could get it all like in 2011. Loads of mud and rain, freezing cold evenings and nights and then too hot when the sun comes out.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

ok...mud vs heat...it will come down to how muddy or how hot, right? I don't want a really wet and muddy glastonbury because it's hard work and grim, and I don't want a really hot one because it's hard work and grim...but if I had to choose...ok...need to go away and think about that...

I think based on the fact we are bringing our 3 kids aged 2, 8 and 9 I'd rather have it too hot than too muddy. Based on the likely difficulty navigating the site in bad mud and keeping them from getting covered in mud from head to toe constantly.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Its Glastonbury. If its not muddy, im not even sure that it counts. At some point you have to mutter under your breath and hunker under a tent while it smashes down with rain. rain on a tent is one of the greatest sounds in the world, whereas being baked out of your tent at 7am because youre being boiled alive sucks and is shit. I'm team misery on this one, i dont like hot weather much at all. (now seems like a good time to point out i lived in australia for a couple of years, but it was Melbourne primarily, so if you dont like the weather you just have to wait a bit and itll change)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I don't want a really wet and muddy glastonbury because it's hard work and grim, and I don't want a really hot one because it's hard work and grim

I'd take being tired from the heat but able to  wear trainers, sit down wherever I want, get around the site easier and  not be cold or wet over mud any day of the week.

Where's the upside to it being wet and muddy?  Being able to sleep in a little later in the mornings?  The thrill of slipping in the mud? taking 3 times as long to get around the site?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, uscore said:

Call me controversial but I think it's ok to hope for it to be neither muddy or heatstroke-inducingly hot.  It's weird that it needs to be a choice.

It would be ideal to have neither. This year the ground conditions look good enough to handle severe downpours so I don’t think mud will be an issue this year. Possibly some brief flash flooding though in parts if the rain is as bad as some of the predictions are showing. 

If the weather isn’t hot it’s going to be cooler and unpredictable so I’m hoping for it being more on the warmer side. 

20 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

I think based on the fact we are bringing our 3 kids aged 2, 8 and 9 I'd rather have it too hot than too muddy. Based on the likely difficulty navigating the site in bad mud and keeping them from getting covered in mud from head to toe constantly.

that 2 year old will love jumping round in the mud...whereas in 30+C temperatures??!?! But yeah, hard work for parents.

Basically don't want extreme anything.

4 hours ago, amishsexpistol said:

Worse than middling day time temperatures is the inevitable freezing off of tits at night, particularly as there isn't really a heat island effect when you're camping. It's miserable about having to add endless layers so you aren't shivering the entire time. The heat in 2019 meant that nights had a wild energy about them that can't be beat. 

I recommend being a fat man, helps lot with the cold at night.

YR have updated, dear oh dear oh dear.

A months worth of rain in 24 hours.

Topped up nicely with a few days of more shite. 

image.png.e1b288ef28ee833dab31829d937d35d2.png

1 minute ago, Crumbleflaps said:

https://youtu.be/C6gkvpfwuAk

Gav has the low being swept away by the Friday for a delicious sunny festival.

What the fuck is up with this unhinged lunatic and his 25 minute forecasts?