The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Just now, jparx said:

Yeah that's what I mean, the dry build up is key!

Good example of both scenarios last time McCartney played in 04.

Terrible Tuesday and Wednesday, quite a lot of mud. Weds evening into Thursday was windy and sunny, dried very quickly. Friday a scorcher. Then rain Friday night into Saturday lunch turned it into a mess again as much of the grass had gone on the Wednesday. 

My take:

leading up:

sunday - don’t care

mon - don’t care

tue - just be dry to sort most of the ground out

Wed - essential to be dry when we get there so we don’t get soaked and have to set up the tent in torrential rain

thur - stay dry

fri - stay dry

sat - stay dry (if rain sat into sun night don’t care)

sun - don’t care, we go home the nxt day

Edited by PolygonWindow

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

Interesting point about the grass. Has there ever been a 3 year break before? The grass has to be well rooted now. 

Some of the fields are used for crops, it's not just all grazing apparently so the fields will have been turned over relatively recently.

9 minutes ago, waterfalls21234 said:

Thing a lot of people forget is it matters just as much if its a dry or wet runup......as its when the ground is already saturated and then it rains again that it cant soak in and then the site turns into a mudbath pretty quick aka 2016.....im in the south a couple countys over and its predicted bone dry here all week at the mo....so heres hoping that part of things stays the same

2016 it had rained heavily for weeks beforehand though.. there was a video of them setting up site and it was a bog

I'll take heat but dry conditions all day long. Lower 20s is obviously ideal but if it's really hot, just gotta load up on water and keep a hat with you. After going to Mad Cool and watching The National in 40 degree weather, I feel I can tackle about anything heat wise 😂

27 minutes ago, The Nal said:

For reference - June 13th 2016

Weather looking laaaarvely apparently.

Completely disregard it until this weekend at the earliest. Its all a load of bollocks.

Amazing scenes. 6 years ago today, @FuzzyDunlop worrying about the heat and me telling him to wear a hat and drink some water.

30 minutes ago, Havors said:

Met office disagrees... but they probably just not updated yet. They got it cracking the flags no clouds on sunday in Pilton. 

Met office uses different models to the BBC and GFS.  Its why Met Office and BBC dont always agree even at short range 

30 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

2005 - it was the Sunday before the festival when the prospect of one band on heavy rain started to appear. Then on Friday morning a month's worth of rain fell in an hour.

yeah...remember it well...and I was being like all doom and gloom as I like to do with my mates saying we're going to need a boat...and lo and behold we needed a boat.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

In other news this 06z run is absolutely *chefs kiss*

Yep, I'd absolutely love it if this was the forecast... Even the rain on Sunday night / Monday Morning doesn't bother me. 

Edited by Alvoram

The festival itself.

FRIDAY

Still completely dry, temperatures of 23

image.thumb.png.1b8cb21d6fe3d4068f13f9c64ea9f084.png

SATURDAY

Still completely dry, temperatures of 21

image.thumb.png.780a13c23d037d9aa503151c0e443f43.png

SUNDAY

Still completely dry, temperatures of 26

image.thumb.png.4b3d2a189d260a4da36ace4df4f260be.png

Pressure starts to drop off from Thursday into Friday, but then builds back up into Sunday.

image.png.e0a48bf076b630e44427408ba1c2beaa.png

image.png.90a8c2cd844e5bbe1e2a7dd236b79da3.png

image.png.0712139a2bd6589015b3062318ed3aa7.png

SUMMARY

A lot more rain in this run this weekend, but then a completely dry festival and with the temperatures any damage to the ground will fix very quickly.

So not all good, but the festival itself would be beautiful.

4 minutes ago, briddj said:

The festival itself.

FRIDAY

Still completely dry, temperatures of 23

image.thumb.png.1b8cb21d6fe3d4068f13f9c64ea9f084.png

SATURDAY

Still completely dry, temperatures of 21

image.thumb.png.780a13c23d037d9aa503151c0e443f43.png

SUNDAY

Still completely dry, temperatures of 26

image.thumb.png.4b3d2a189d260a4da36ace4df4f260be.png

Pressure starts to drop off from Thursday into Friday, but then builds back up into Sunday.

image.png.e0a48bf076b630e44427408ba1c2beaa.png

image.png.90a8c2cd844e5bbe1e2a7dd236b79da3.png

image.png.0712139a2bd6589015b3062318ed3aa7.png

SUMMARY

A lot more rain in this run this weekend, but then a completely dry festival and with the temperatures any damage to the ground will fix very quickly.

So not all good, but the festival itself would be beautiful.

yeah, that looks kind of perfect...maybe a bit warm. 🙂

And we don't know where and how much of that rain is going to fall on Sunday...and if no more rain between then and wednesday any mud should have dried out.