The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Just now, Matt42 said:

This would be great. Stick.

8DA4EE55-B7D4-4B61-938E-583EADD0A04C.png

Yes, that’s the forecast I’m holding on to.  Camped in the area a few weeks ago and even 10 days in advance this forecast was accurate, even predicting rain one morning of our stay.
Whilst we are all quite understandably looking at different forecasts the current ground conditions are equally important. The area hasn’t been saturated for weeks on end, the build hasn’t taken place in a swampy monsoon so the ground will drain well even if it rains. 

I think 5 years ago I stopped checking the weather right when I left to fly over and figured it was gonna stick, that was a week prior to the fest. Same deal this time. So if this is the kind of forecast theyre showing then I dont think its gonna change all that much and will prepare accordingly.

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

I think 5 years ago I stopped checking the weather right when I left to fly over and figured it was gonna stick, that was a week prior to the fest. Same deal this time. So if this is the kind of forecast theyre showing then I dont think its gonna change all that much and will prepare accordingly.

Don’t celebrate too early dude. I find US weather tends to stick more than UK weather. Our forecasts seem to change every single day.

Just now, steviewevie said:

just had a look at that metcheck site for somerset and it has 26C for lunchtime this saturday and 10C for lunchtime on Sunday...wtf.

That happened over here in california a few weeks ago. Had a weekend that hit over 40 and then 3 days later it just dropped to 18 for 2 weeks straight with a spot of rain for good measure.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Don’t celebrate too early dude. I find US weather tends to stick more than UK weather. Our forecasts seem to change every single day.

Youve clearly never been to chicago in the spring or summer. Want unpredictable weather? Go there for a week.

50FB8F32-24BE-44E2-9215-E5D07E4E20F8.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Madness , 2019 a prime example. Plus another where I watched the forecast on the Sunday before which said fine  went on Monday. Friend turns up on Tuesday and it had all changed ( before we all had phones) mind you I am not flying in from USA so you certainly have to go with something. When do you travel?

19 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Even the country file forecast next Sunday is only really reliable for the Tuesday and Wednesday in my experience. So fuck knows why I'm getting concerned about the forecast for the weekend this far out.

They usually don't even mention Friday onwards.

Edited by briddj

10 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Even the country file forecast next Sunday is only really reliable for the Tuesday and Wednesday in my experience. So fuck knows why I'm getting concerned about the forecast for the weekend this far out.

There'll be 4 different forecasts today. All completely different.