The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

8 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

They seem to be pretty expensive & out of my price range. Do you have any links?

Decathlon do umbrellas that are uv blocking and are rated factor 50. 

they aren’t on the web just instore and cost about £8. 

also if you use the in winter when it rains and windy it really good doesn’t break turning inside out. 

35 minutes ago, briddj said:

It's still too early, but... excellent new run after last night, with all the Saturday rain now missing the south west and smashing into northern Europe instead. Last night on the left, latest on the right.

There is some rain around on Sunday night through into Monday but nothing that means anything with the temps to follow.

image.thumb.png.fdd6e8f3490ae902c86ef9c71cde00d5.png

Lovely when the gates open.

image.thumb.png.c75ebc16098a1e18b011e48140d71381.png

After Monday, there is ZERO rain in the forecast.

However. the destination of the low to the north and east of the UK is still all to play for.

image.png.d442915c9f117a2fa47bf6bd08acaaee.png

@stevieweviehas already posted the charts for the festival days above, which are SCORCHIO.

Max daytime temps showing as:

Weds: 20

Thurs: 21

Fri: 21

Sat: 24

Sun: 26

A lovely pleasant start, but the weekend will feel very hot at 24-26.

Remember when I said forecasts this far out don’t mean anything? Yeah, well… you know. Some do, eh? 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, briddj said:

has already posted the charts for the festival days above, which are SCORCHIO.

Max daytime temps showing as:

Weds: 20

Thurs: 21

Fri: 21

Sat: 24

Sun: 26

A lovely pleasant start, but the weekend will feel very hot at 24-26.

Lock the thread!! This, Stick!! 

19 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Decathlon do umbrellas that are uv blocking and are rated factor 50. 

they aren’t on the web just instore and cost about £8. 

also if you use the in winter when it rains and windy it really good doesn’t break turning inside out. 

Ah, that's good. Cheapest I saw was £60 for one that was a UV one. Thanks a lot

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

As I've said previously, I have suffuted with Panic attacks. A sign is that I am too hot. I had 1 in the queue outside of Tesco during lockdown, when we had to queue outside & there was a heatwave.

Im absolutely shitting it about Glastonbury now. I don't know if I'll handle 5 days of sun. In fact, Im pretty sure that I wont. I'm pretty gutted tbh, but this is the risk you take with an outdoor festival. It's summer, so it's supposed to be warm, it's just absolutely gutting. 

I'm preparing myself to see no daytime acts, which is shit. Fri and Sat of 2019, I saw very little. Looking at those temps, I doubt I'll see much until the sun starts to go down. 

woah...the heat brings on panic attacks? That is scary. Ok, firstly this GFS only has hot on Saturday/Sunday, and we're not looking at extreme heat, maybe it will get up to mid 20s. But, also this was from one run, the others havent had that, and it's still 2 weeks away so likely not going to happen. Often these forecasts predict extreme events which get downgraded as get closer. So, I really wouldn't worry yet, hopefully it will be low 20s at most, and mostly cloudy.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

They seem to be pretty expensive & out of my price range. Do you have any links?

Amazon have quite a few fir around £15, hate it too hot so gonna get one. You can just search for "uv umbrella " but here's one to have a look at.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HYCOPROT-Windproof-Umbrellas-Automatic-Ergonomic/dp/B08XQ3TNVD/ref=pd_aw_ci_mcx_mh_mcx_views_0?pd_rd_w=4MPR6&content-id=amzn1.sym.6f35a535-9685-4343-b2c6-a75c27eb6223&pf_rd_p=6f35a535-9685-4343-b2c6-a75c27eb6223&pf_rd_r=PPR9SCY3Q5NQSS11JQ73&pd_rd_wg=FPekw&pd_rd_r=3955aa33-150c-430f-9c08-3410ebfc4da8&pd_rd_i=B08XQ3TNVD

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

woah...the heat brings on panic attacks? That is scary. Ok, firstly this GFS only has hot on Saturday/Sunday, and we're not looking at extreme heat, maybe it will get up to mid 20s. But, also this was from one run, the others havent had that, and it's still 2 weeks away so likely not going to happen. Often these forecasts predict extreme events which get downgraded as get closer. So, I really wouldn't worry yet, hopefully it will be low 20s at most, and mostly cloudy.

It has done. I had my first one & became really hot. Even though I am "fine", the heat kind of takes me back to that, like a trigger. I just need to be careful really. 

I havent had a panic attack in 12 months, but that was due to the heat. Ive stopped them by running my hands under a cold tap... easier said than done on the farm.

I am trying to prepare myself. 

13 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I've already packed and left so I'm at the mercy of the weather gods now!!! 

(Pleased I didn't bring wellies 🤫)

I bring them but they haven’t left the car for quite a few years now … walking shoes and waterproof socks are adequate 

23 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Locks thread and goes to pack 

I need to drop everything at my friends house on Thursday evening as he’s taking his caravan on site Friday.

So basically whatever the weather looks like it’s going to be then is what I’ll be dressed for at the festival…

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

I bring them but they haven’t left the car for quite a few years now … walking shoes and waterproof socks are adequate 

I always take wellies. I consider it to be an offering to the weather gods, no matter what the weather is!

• Upvote 1

Just now, JoeyT said:

I need to drop everything at my friends house on Thursday evening as he’s taking his caravan on site Friday.

So basically whatever the weather looks like it’s going to be then is what I’ll be dressed for at the festival…

Apart from what you wear on arrival day I presume ? 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

My kit doesn't change - even if the forecast is for a roaster I still wouldn't set foot on that farm without rain gear and walking boots.

Yeah.. I'm looking at my pile now and there will be no changes based on weather... tbh the only rain kit I have is a poncho and that's still being packed

I have a pair of waterproof walking boots, but they're a bit old and might not be that waterproof now....so kind of need to know whether I need to buy a pair of new ones, or will it really be just trainers. I don't have wellies. I have loads of waterproofs though and a poncho so I'm ok in that department. Currently thinking I might need to buy a hat. And maybe some speedos.

Just now, steviewevie said:

I have a pair of waterproof walking boots, but they're a bit old and might not be that waterproof now....so kind of need to know whether I need to buy a pair of new ones, or will it really be just trainers. I don't have wellies. I have loads of waterproofs though and a poncho so I'm ok in that department. Currently thinking I might need to buy a hat. And maybe some speedos.

You are leaving it quite late for wearing anything in … my advice would be sealskinz waterproof socks