The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Rain the next weekend will be good to keep dust down since you know theres gonna plenty of moving vehicles setting things up. And it would keep the temps low still and you couldnt really have a heat wave out of nowhere.

im cool with the forecast thats there. A little more sunshine would be nice, but small spots of rain isnt terrible. That keeps the dust down in the fest at least.

Edited by Suprefan

Morning campers. GHS 00Z has next weekend not looking too wet over SW England...the heavy stuff is all over the SE, that could of course move. Then for the the following week looks mostly dry, maybe some light showers, and then festival weekend looks hot on saturday and sunday, but dry.

Edited by steviewevie

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

interesting that those temperatures are not as extreme as on GFS, but then I guess always looking at max temps on GFS, so maybe these more realistic.

I thought I’d read somewhere that the GFS tends to downplay the temps by a couple of degrees so might turn out to be a big hotter than the max temps it’s suggesting.

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I thought I’d read somewhere that the GFS tends to downplay the temps by a couple of degrees so might turn out to be a big hotter than the max temps it’s suggesting.

they have max and min temps...so a range...anyway, whatever, next weekend looks hot, and the weekend of the festival looks pretty hot...but despite being a 18C max man I would still take that over all the rain that was being forecast the other day. I'll just have to be a grump all day and put up with all the pink flesh on show.

5 hours ago, JoBalls said:

I think we could do with a few light showers in the lead up to the festival to reduce the pollen count as it is currently inexplicable

Otherwise god knows how I’ll survive in the actual countryside; I’ve not left town the last few days and have been double dropping antihistamines, nasal spray, eye drops etc and it’s not even touching the sides. 

yeah, can be a nightmare for hayfever sufferers. My partner is a sufferer and one year she had it real bad and there's no escape. Eventually the antihistamines got on top of it, or pollen count came down, or she just got used to it, but it kind of ruined her first 24 hours there.

As I've said previously, I have suffuted with Panic attacks. A sign is that I am too hot. I had 1 in the queue outside of Tesco during lockdown, when we had to queue outside & there was a heatwave.

Im absolutely shitting it about Glastonbury now. I don't know if I'll handle 5 days of sun. In fact, Im pretty sure that I wont. I'm pretty gutted tbh, but this is the risk you take with an outdoor festival. It's summer, so it's supposed to be warm, it's just absolutely gutting. 

I'm preparing myself to see no daytime acts, which is shit. Fri and Sat of 2019, I saw very little. Looking at those temps, I doubt I'll see much until the sun starts to go down. 

Something for the workers to watch out for next weekend. MetCheck currently predicting an inch of rain overnight on the Saturday before the festival. 

Only a 20% chance of it affecting the site though.

If it does happen it will be a good test of the drainage systems before the masses descend on site. 

5EDD0156-B9D7-4613-A22B-4F75AC4EF09D.thumb.jpeg.d33746f253ab1bd98884dd9b11553af6.jpeg

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

As I've said previously, I have suffuted with Panic attacks. A sign is that I am too hot. I had 1 in the queue outside of Tesco during lockdown, when we had to queue outside & there was a heatwave.

Im absolutely shitting it about Glastonbury now. I don't know if I'll handle 5 days of sun. In fact, Im pretty sure that I wont. I'm pretty gutted tbh, but this is the risk you take with an outdoor festival. It's summer, so it's supposed to be warm, it's just absolutely gutting. 

I'm preparing myself to see no daytime acts, which is shit. Fri and Sat of 2019, I saw very little. Looking at those temps, I doubt I'll see much until the sun starts to go down. 

Mate, I wouldn't worry too much. The forecast this time tomorrow will be rain and snow.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

interesting that those temperatures are not as extreme as on GFS, but then I guess always looking at max temps on GFS, so maybe these more realistic.

I hope so , 18 degrees is perfect for my delicate skin and also i cant use suncream as it brings me out in a rash haha.

5 hours ago, JoBalls said:

I think we could do with a few light showers in the lead up to the festival to reduce the pollen count as it is currently inexplicable

Otherwise god knows how I’ll survive in the actual countryside; I’ve not left town the last few days and have been double dropping antihistamines, nasal spray, eye drops etc and it’s not even touching the sides. 

I had Thunder Fever this week. It was horrible. 

It's still too early, but... excellent new run after last night, with all the Saturday rain now missing the south west and smashing into northern Europe instead. Last night on the left, latest on the right.

There is some rain around on Sunday night through into Monday but nothing that means anything with the temps to follow.

image.thumb.png.fdd6e8f3490ae902c86ef9c71cde00d5.png

Lovely when the gates open.

image.thumb.png.c75ebc16098a1e18b011e48140d71381.png

After Monday, there is ZERO rain in the forecast.

However. the destination of the low to the north and east of the UK is still all to play for.

image.png.d442915c9f117a2fa47bf6bd08acaaee.png

@stevieweviehas already posted the charts for the festival days above, which are SCORCHIO.

Max daytime temps showing as:

Weds: 20

Thurs: 21

Fri: 21

Sat: 24

Sun: 26

A lovely pleasant start, but the weekend will feel very hot at 24-26.

Edited by briddj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, briddj said:

It's still too early, but... excellent new run after last night, with all the Saturday rain now missing the south west and smashing into northern Europe instead. Last night on the left, latest on the right.

There is some rain around on Sunday night through into Monday but nothing that means anything with the temps to follow.

image.thumb.png.fdd6e8f3490ae902c86ef9c71cde00d5.png

Lovely when the gates open.

image.thumb.png.c75ebc16098a1e18b011e48140d71381.png

After Monday, there is ZERO rain in the forecast.

However. the destination of the low to the north and east of the UK is still all to play for.

image.png.d442915c9f117a2fa47bf6bd08acaaee.png

@stevieweviehas already posted the charts for the festival days above, which are SCORCHIO.

Max daytime temps showing as:

Weds: 20

Thurs: 21

Fri: 21

Sat: 24

Sun: 26

This is my ideal weather. Will stop reading this thread now. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, briddj said:

Probably the best weather for the festival I’ve seen yet. 

The cooler start is great for setting up and getting people who aren’t used to the outside world some exposure to decent weather and sunshine.

By the time it ramps up for the weekend they should be starting to acclimatise to the conditions so shouldn’t feel as oppressive. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I can struggle a bit in the heat (although not to the same extent as you), but I've found a UV blocking umbrella (rather than a bog standard one) can be really helpful. It's like having your own portable fresh & black.

6 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I can struggle a bit in the heat (although not to the same extent as you), but I've found a UV blocking umbrella (rather than a bog standard one) can be really helpful. It's like having your own portable fresh & black.

They seem to be pretty expensive & out of my price range. Do you have any links?