The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

All this talk of hellfire temperatures has reminded me of the hottest place on planet Earth back in June 2010. Yes of course, the Avalon Field during the Wurzels performance.

I managed to find a tiny bit of shade by lying on my side right up close to a revolving kiddy size carousel ride. I must have looked proper dodgy but I was surviving which was the important thing at that moment.

2 minutes ago, Cooter said:

All this talk of hellfire temperatures has reminded me of the hottest place on planet Earth back in June 2010. Yes of course, the Avalon Field during the Wurzels performance.

I managed to find a tiny bit of shade by lying on my side right up close to a revolving kiddy size carousel ride. I must have looked proper dodgy but I was surviving which was the important thing at that moment.

Cut Capers on Avalon in 2019 was similar over 40 degrees! 

4 minutes ago, Cooter said:

I managed to get a bit of Shade on the saturday. Sat under an overhanging bit of tent. Listening to Riva Starr. It was boiling

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

Cut Capers on Avalon in 2019 was similar over 40 degrees! 

Didn't experience that thank goodness. How people were happy and jumping around actually inside the Avalon tent during that Wurzels hour still amazes me to this day. It felt like 40 outside, they must have been literally cooking in there.

10 minutes ago, Cooter said:

image.png.44935bd5411ac5cfe03c393c16caad14.png

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Didn't experience that thank goodness. How people were happy and jumping around actually inside the Avalon tent during that Wurzels hour still amazes me to this day. It felt like 40 outside, they must have been literally cooking in there.

I was front row and it was so hot. The bands shirts were see through by the end! 

Just now, duke88 said:

That was boiling! I was feeling well rough on top of that, think I got sunstroke the day before. They were brilliant though!

Yep probably my favourite of the last festival. Looking forward to hopefully catching them on Thursday bandstand this year. 

20 minutes ago, Cooter said:

I was in there, about 4 rows back. Don't remember it being hot at all. Mind you I'm happiest when I'm in the sahara desert,  so prob not the best judge compared to some on here.

Keep up the good work weather thread-ers! 👍

I come here to ensure I'm as worried & confused about the potential weather situation as possible in the festival run up - don't want to build up unrealistic expectations susceptible to a thorough dashing.

If it starts to get too positive & conclusive in here, I stop visiting. 😁

Edited by Nathan Explosion