The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

46 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Might go for the full Hazmat suit.

Thing is, if it's 30°.  I just have to deal with it or, go home. If it rains, I'd say the same to other people. 

My mum is the same as me... my dad is the opposite, he is forever cold & needs it boiling. (Not sure about the milkman)

Mate, is it a medical condition which makes you feel so adverse to heat?

Although being hot brings its challenges through doing things to mitigate it the temperature can become more than manageable if indeed it is personal preference rather than anything medical related?

Edited by JoeyT

I absolutely hate it when it's really hot.  During some of the heatwave days I've had to miss loads of bands I really wanted to see,  miss the England games they've shown, and avoid anywhere that isn't in shade.   I'm just not built for hot weather.   I make the most of it by hiding during the day and staying up all night, but I'd rather the daytime be a more manageable temperature.  

I'm hoping for a dry, warm but not hot, festival, that everyone can enjoy.

1 minute ago, MoonBuggy said:

Nah, 30C+ in a tent is a killer! Happy to have that baking the site dry in advance and then a nice 18-25C when we’re there. 

Looking on the cards at the mo. Still loads of time for changes but as it stands the low pressure systems look to be staying far north. Let’s hope it stays that way.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

GFS 0Z still looking pretty good...dry, definitely not hot..maybe a bit windy? Can't have everything I guess. Still, plenty of time for it to go downhill again.

"downhill" being good for you I suspect? 😀

3 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Looking on the cards at the mo. Still loads of time for changes but as it stands the low pressure systems look to be staying far north. Let’s hope it stays that way.

I would be so happy if the low pressure just remained stuck over our house for the next few weeks ! It’s wet, windy and cold here at the moment. The sodden tits are clinging onto the bird feeder.

Doesn’t bother me, I’ve the comfort of watching the build on the webcam in lovely dry conditions. 

I really struggle in the heat.. it is possible to do it in the heat but I think you have to change your behavior a bit and look after yourself. I think it' worse on the Wednesday / Thursday when you see people sat in the open drinking all day - 2017/19 for example. That can't be good...

18 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Just for reference, June 11th 2016

None of the rain for Download week and next week though… like there was in that 2016 thread. 🙂  Absolutely bone dry here in Derbyshire…

So not a 2016 year in terms of ground conditions? 

8F3EE050-49E9-4057-BC73-6F1FB58EBEEB.png.08e23ba1d1670d5d8b7d30db3ff83eda.png