The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Every year I tell myself to not obsess over the weather and to just pack appropriately the day before and enjoy it whatever happens.  Then 10-14 days out, here I am again trying to interpret GFS runs like a toddler attempting calculus.  I'm such a fucking Goon.  Honestly....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, doogie said:

We got to the car just before The Who and somehow managed to get out of a very boggy East car park before it became unpassable.

Funnily enough, I got talking to Pete Townshend's niece at the services on the M3.  She'd watched The Who from the side of the stage and had obviously had a much easier and quicker exit than we did!

Probably a lift in Eavis’ Defender! 😂

48 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Every year I tell myself to not obsess over the weather and to just pack appropriately the day before and enjoy it whatever happens.  Then 10-14 days out, here I am again trying to interpret GFS runs like a toddler attempting calculus.  I'm such a fucking Goon.  Honestly....

image.gif.6da2d24c2a93ea646f17f83927a084cf.gif

53 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'm going to look on like Monday and just pack based off that. I really hope its good weather as I don't know whether my walking boots will cut it.

4 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Another point about the heat... Im fucking sober in it. I havent waited for 3 years to spend all day sat at the Stone Circle under a tree for 4 days, sober as a judge.

I have acts to watch.

Yeah, I didn't suffer like you did with the heat in 2019, but I drank a lot of water, and not that much booze. I was quite sober for most of it.

3 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

AccuWeather was always my hope as they were the only ones predicting good weather while others don't. Oh jez we are fucked. 

I was thinking the same. They had held their ground throughout this thread’s ups and down.  Now we are in trouble 

• Upvote 1

I love this thread every year! Two weeks out now, looking forward to playing ‘Weather Thread Post Bingo’:

• Posters sharing links to Somerset Live predictions of sun from early June and saying 'don't worry, it's going to be sunny!" while all ECM and GFS charts show a washout
  • Repeated, slightly aggressive posts from people saying they ‘don’t care what the weather is, it’ll be the best weekend ever anyway’. While repeatedly checking and posting on the Weather Thread
  • Someone claiming to have friends in the farming community who have access to a magic, super accurate forward forecast 
  • People posting links to the forecast for the wrong Pilton

etc etc

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, March Hare said:

Oh my word.

That is a frantic change from yesterday. This is horrendous. 

It will change again. Keep the faith

The 20th is saying 9.9 mm of rainfall, 6 hours of heavy rain. I'm sure it will change several times again yet so I'm not worrying.