The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

30 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

An exact science is one whose laws are capable of accurate quantitative expression.  Reading this thread should answer your question😉

we want 20 degrees, hazy sunshine, no wind that would affect the sound quality, dry ground, cool but not cold overnight to allow some sleep. 

Gets my vote

Have you ever left early due to the weather?

We packed our stuff up early in 2010 & left straight after Stevie Wonder. In 2019, we were not close, but thst saturday was awful. None of us had a good day. Bizarrely I was probably the most "ok" of the lot of us.

Loads around us left in 2016. It was clear to see. There were people who found that really hard.

The only time the rain has ever annoyed me was Fri night 2011. After U2, that lamped it down. And it wasnt enjoyable, but didnt last that long. Just that night.

9 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

We packed our stuff up early in 2010 & left straight after Stevie Wonder. In 2019, we were not close, but thst saturday was awful. None of us had a good day. Bizarrely I was probably the most "ok" of the lot of us.

Loads around us left in 2016. It was clear to see. There were people who found that really hard.

The only time the rain has ever annoyed me was Fri night 2011. After U2, that lamped it down. And it wasnt enjoyable, but didnt last that long. Just that night.

Packed up Friday night in 98 (bar the tent) when it flooded after the mental downpour. Rumour was festival was going to be shut down anyway. Then went to get food and saw Portishead who were sublime, went back and unpacked everything. 

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

yes, left saturday morning in 98. After surviving 97 couldn't be arsed to go through it all again. Those were the days when easy to get in without a ticket. We got out, found car which was parked near a pub, got changed into dry clothes and stayed in the pub for a while having a few beers and watching the football and it was so nice. Spent rest of weekend in London going out, getting wrecked and watching the world cup.

If ever there was a time to leave early it was 2007. Sadly we stayed for the whole of The Who and then Bill Bailey's 1am outdoor show on Fire and Ice, when it had been coming down sideways since 9pm. Back then I had a 95 VW Polo and cannot believe we got it out of the car park without needing a tractor tow (unlike loads of others... being charged 50 quid a time)

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Latest GFS is out...and it's best ignored.

A small positive being that within a more reliable time frame there looks to be little to no rain for the next 7-8 days.

Going to choose to blissfully ignore next Saturday on wards from the charts for now (unless they show decent weather!)

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

we want 20 degrees, hazy sunshine, no wind that would affect the sound quality, dry ground, cool but not cold overnight to allow some sleep. 

Can I add heavy cloud cover (but no rain) from 5am to 10am every morning.

41 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Then sunburn at Elbow the next day!

32 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Packed up Friday night in 98 (bar the tent) when it flooded after the mental downpour. Rumour was festival was going to be shut down anyway. Then went to get food and saw Portishead who were sublime, went back and unpacked everything. 

That Portishead gig was so good, well worth the effort to get to see it. I remember the band's bus got stuck in mud so they were at least 30 mins late on stage ?!? But wow it was wet and muddy, funny thing was that it was only after the gig and the crowd had started bto move I realised I was actually stood in a big hole that meant I was literally knee deep in a muddy puddle 😫🤦😫

4 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

I'm beginning to worry about the safety of the festival now, it could well be the end of days..

Well there was talk of them cancelling it in 2016. 

I can't see any other outcome now at this late stage given the forecasts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1