The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

That is said with love obviously @FuzzyDunlop

...but having nowhere to sit down & rest, walking with what felt like cast iron boots, slow & ridiculous cues to get everywhere, it was very tough. And that's coming from a landscaper very used to mud. Then having to save a poor bloke who's prosthetic leg had come off after getting stuck in the mud in a crowd on the train track, that stayed with me for a few hours after.

Don't think it could get much worse tbh... so anything else is a plus! 

For me, aside from that super hot set up on the Wednesday, 2017 was pretty perfect weather wise. 2019 weather I struggled with big time, and a lot of that was down to not being able to drink water fast enough to rehydrate properly after a big night. I think partly it was bad luck that the really hot year coincided with the first year of no bottles of water being sold on site and that (in my opinion anyway) the festival had underestimated the number of water points that would be needed, especially in the busy areas - those two things together made it pretty tough going at times.

1 hour ago, TheDayman said:

Maybe a little too good... 👀

I have for many years suspected that the so called media has intentionally provided misleading forecasts for the festival as part of their attempts to suppress radical movements.

Think about it, can you really make meaningful change without a hat in the heat? Can you challenge the status quo if it’s raining and your poncho is at home?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mattiosmith said:

The BBC 14 day forecast going into the Weds looks absolutely perf

Yeah just had a look at that myself before coming to this thread. I'm hesitant to say STICK in case the 5 days straight after it are a shitshow but it's looking good so far!

2 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

I'd say it was about the same, they're my two favourite years. I love it when it's sunny

Think 2010 was consistently 25 degrees plus all 5 days. 2019 was mad hot on Fri/Sat (32 on Saturday afternoon) but cooler at the start and finish IIRC.

Other than my first time, these remain my faves too.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

will feel like hell if continues to get hotter.

Maybe they should build a bit air conditioned dome. Now that would be nice. They could have a selfridges in there.

I dont know what the trouble would be with  just adding some shade tent areas in general. Theres some areas that are open by food stalls that you could do that and its better than nothing at all.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Only person to trust on this is @deebeedoobee

Here’s a shortened version of 2021 daily reports:

Monday 21st

It’s been drizzling all day. Been for a run and it was that “not wet” drizzle. Not cold, just cloudy and dull. 

Tuesday 22nd

Well it’s beautifully bright here today. A little bit of breeze to dry the over night rain but perfect wandering weather

Wednesday 23rd

The sky is pure blue. The fukt-ometer is empty.

Thursday 24th

No rain fall in 24 hours.

The well is acting as a deep sink hole rather than a water container 

Currently the skies are overcast but brightening by the minute. 

Friday 25th

On a Friday, … the skies, which are currently breaking into sunshine. The rain has stopped and it’s warm with no breeze. 

the fukt-ometer is showing 16-18ml of precipitation.

Currently the skies are overcast but brightening with the sun showing in patches. 

Saturday 26th

no overnight rain. the fukt-ometer is showing 0ml of precipitation. 

The well needs a new vocation because it hasn’t seen a water level for weeks. 

the skies are brightening very quickly with the sun shining through to warm your toes

Sunday 27th

2ml of precipitation overnight. Currently dry and breezy.

the skies are grey but not looking like they will produce anything significant today

• Like 1