The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

7 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

2016 I was watching New Order at the Other Stage and me and my two mates were passing a wrap of mdma between each other when just as it got passed to me the guy stood next to us suddenly decided he wanted to dance and flung his arms out and knocked it out of my hand just as I was about to take a dab, my mate shone his phone on it straight away but it had already been eaten by the mud!

Oh no, nightmare. Out of interest how did that go down, did it cause any bother or did you just laugh it off? 

1 minute ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'd have probably toughed it out in fairness if I was solo.  I could just tell it had broken her.  No real regret in hindsight though, other than missing ELO. 

ELO looked and sounded abysmal. 

16 was great fun. Trick is to hit the booze after breakfast and keep moving. Looked at it again recently and think I saw close to 30 acts in 2016 all in. Barely rained during the day which is fine.

3 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Oh no, nightmare. Out of interest how did that go down, did it cause any bother or did you just laugh it off? 

We just laughed it off...was nothing I could do about it.....I met one of my other mates afterwards at The Glade...he had been watching James Blake on West Holts and he sorted me out a bit! 

Just now, gooner1990 said:

We just laughed it off...was nothing I could do about it.....I met one of my other mates afterwards at The Glade...he had been watching James Blake on West Holts and he sorted me out a bit! 

Nice one 🙂 The power of MD, is it even possible to get annoyed? 🙈😂 (god I miss those days.)

25 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

2016 I was watching New Order at the Other Stage and me and my two mates were passing a wrap of mdma between each other when just as it got passed to me the guy stood next to us suddenly decided he wanted to dance and flung his arms out and knocked it out of my hand just as I was about to take a dab, my mate shone his phone on it straight away but it had already been eaten by the mud!

probably ended up on someones cereal.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

16 was great fun. Trick is to hit the booze after breakfast and keep moving. Looked at it again recently and think I saw close to 30 acts in 2016 all in. Barely rained during the day which is fine.

Just looked back at the line up and think I saw about 9!  I'd forgotten that I was planning on seeing PJ Harvey, then Earth Wind & Fire on the Sunday.  I am a bit gutted now in hindsight.

34 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I also don't remember 16 being that bad at all. Some funny moments from the mud if anything

(do appreciate though that mud is probably not so funny if you've got any kind of mobility issue)

36 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I agree one of my favourite festivals, saw way more than in 2019 when it was so hot I basically sat in the spike for half of Saturday to get some shade then watch various rubbish on the other stage. To be fair Friday had been a big one and I may not have been much more active in a sensible temperature 

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'd have probably toughed it out in fairness if I was solo.  I could just tell it had broken her.  No real regret in hindsight though, other than missing ELO. 

They were shite.

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Only 15 days to go. This is not good.

At least post the full report for Wednesday 22 june, it's literally two lines

"Wednesday 22 Jun - Wednesday 6 Jul
Lower confidence for this period. Perhaps a weak signal for above average rainfall at first, but rainfall and temperatures looking to be closer to normal as we head into July"

Weak attempt, you can do much better.

1 minute ago, BambooShanks said:

At least post the full report for Wednesday 22 june, it's literally two lines

"Wednesday 22 Jun - Wednesday 6 Jul
Lower confidence for this period. Perhaps a weak signal for above average rainfall at first, but rainfall and temperatures looking to be closer to normal as we head into July"

Weak attempt, you can do much better.

I posted the important bits.

More unsettled in the period up the the start of the festival and then above average rainfall at the start of the next period - which is Glasto week.

35 minutes ago, kingmonkey1980 said:

2011 was glorious compared to 2016. I’m still mentally scarred from the Saturday night at Shangri-La and the whole Sunday. Someone said the mud swallowed a wrap of MDMA in 2011, it swallowed my mates welly on the Saturday night in 2016!

2011 was grim in parts. Setting up the tent in the rain on Wednesday and then rain constantly from Friday afternooon to Saturday afternoon. 

The SE corner was unwalkable for most of the weekend. Never seen mud like it. Was freezing aswell for a lot of it.

article-2006487-0CADB58700000578-630_634

2016 really didnt rain at all during the day apart from a bit here and there. On Sunday mainly I think.

34 minutes ago, The Nal said:

2011 was grim in parts. Setting up the tent in the rain on Wednesday and then rain constantly from Friday afternooon to Saturday afternoon. 

The SE corner was unwalkable for most of the weekend. Never seen mud like it. Was freezing aswell for a lot of it.

article-2006487-0CADB58700000578-630_634

2016 really didnt rain at all during the day apart from a bit here and there. On Sunday mainly I think.

Definitely rained hard during Dakkabrakha on the Friday

1 minute ago, DirtyLurker said:

Tell me I'm not going to doing a mudfest with a fractured knee cap please?!  Literally just found out (did the injury 10 days ago, just had x-ray) and I'd like all you lovely people to tell me it's going to be warm but not hot and dry, please😉

It’s going to be warm but not hot and dry

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1