The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

5 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

2016 was fucking awful.  Worst one I've been to by a mile weather wise.  Then the tent got slashed.  Then my OH's wellies started leaking Saturday evening and she burst into tears.  Got back to the tent to find the airbed had gone down and had a leak.  Packed up about 8pm Saturday and left.

Glass half empty kind of guy?

• Downvote 2

24 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

You guys must be reading a different netweather thread to me... I'm reading this one

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/96872-model-output-discussion-early-summer-and-beyond/page/90/#comments

It's very much like here, one or two doom mongers, one or two overly optimistic, with most pointing out that it's too early yet, and the majority of models (outside the heavenly and hellish outliers) are fairly boring and uneventful either way. 

I like this voice of reason! 

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I just remember it being such hard work getting from A to B. Took ages. I think we spent most of the time sitting in beer tents.

I remember there being a LOT of stuck wellies and their owners coming out of them, a lot of crying girls in this position. 

I hitched down, jumped the fence with nothinh more than 60quid and a big bag of weed. Had a blast, hitched back on the the Sunday. 

Oh to be young again. 

6 minutes ago, PabloCoke said:

I remember there being a LOT of stuck wellies and their owners coming out of them, a lot of crying girls in this position. 

I hitched down, jumped the fence with nothinh more than 60quid and a big bag of weed. Had a blast, hitched back on the the Sunday. 

Oh to be young again. 

yeah, thank god didn't pay for that either.

3 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Any of the weather blogs specifically for glasto running yet? JackOne?

I don't think he's doing it this year.  I had a search for Jackone's posts on Netweather and he doesn't appear to be that active these days so I'm not that optimistic he'll be doing it.

I think GavsWeatherVids will be doing updates bbuyt haven't checked tbh.

25 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The don't give him internet access in Broadmoor anymore after he ate one of the prison officers spleens.

that does explain his limited posting

2 hours ago, leath02 said:

how an earth did it transform so much over such a short period 😂

Mud cannot survive above 21 degrees. As soon as the sun came out on Saturday afternoon it started disappearing very quickly. Was all gone by midday Sunday.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

2016 was fucking awful.  Worst one I've been to by a mile weather wise.  Then the tent got slashed.  Then my OH's wellies started leaking Saturday evening and she burst into tears.  Got back to the tent to find the airbed had gone down and had a leak.  Packed up about 8pm Saturday and left.

Wise. Aside from the hardened few, 2016 was a grim buzz. Brexit weekend in every sense.

49 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

July looks better, can't they delay the festival a couple of weeks?

It’s been three years, I wouldn’t be able to take it if there are any further delays!

2016 was the physically hardest festival i've been to: the mud just always stayed at that really bloody thick tramply stuff, with barely any time for gravy (which is my favourite of the mud presentations) or spongy (which i also really like, cos its so nice on the feet). That ankle breaking, clinging, cloying stuff is just so knackering to move around in - in wellies, hiking boots, skis, bare footed, its all a nightmare. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

2016 was the physically hardest festival i've been to: the mud just always stayed at that really bloody thick tramply stuff, with barely any time for gravy (which is my favourite of the mud presentations) or spongy (which i also really like, cos its so nice on the feet). That ankle breaking, clinging, cloying stuff is just so knackering to move around in - in wellies, hiking boots, skis, bare footed, its all a nightmare. 

great workout for your quads though.

1 hour ago, One Tonne Baby said:

In 2011 my mate dropped a full can of beer in Shangrila and it instantly disappeared in the mud, and no amount of searching could find it. Some say it's still there and has its own mini worm festival every summer.

2016 I was watching New Order at the Other Stage and me and my two mates were passing a wrap of mdma between each other when just as it got passed to me the guy stood next to us suddenly decided he wanted to dance and flung his arms out and knocked it out of my hand just as I was about to take a dab, my mate shone his phone on it straight away but it had already been eaten by the mud!

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Wise. Aside from the hardened few, 2016 was a grim buzz. Brexit weekend in every sense.

I'd have probably toughed it out in fairness if I was solo.  I could just tell it had broken her.  No real regret in hindsight though, other than missing ELO.