The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

netweather monthly forecast updated...and looks like normal british weather..i.e. changeable, some sun, some rain, not that hot.

https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/uk/long-range/monthly

Week 3: Monday 20th June - Sunday 26th June

During this period it looks likely that the low pressure anomaly centre will shift to the east of Britain, with a high pressure anomaly in the mid-North Atlantic, resulting in a cooler west to north-westerly type often establishing over Britain. With the low pressure anomaly to the east being closer to the UK than the high pressure anomaly to the west, it is forecast to remain generally changeable with some low pressure systems and fronts and associated rain belts moving across the country. There will be some brighter showery weather in between the rain belts.

As a result, mean temperatures are forecast to be close to or just below normal, with negative anomalies generally between 0 and 1C. Most parts of the UK can expect to be wetter and cloudier than average, with eastern England especially likely to be somewhat wetter than average. Sunshine may end up close to or slightly above average in some western areas, particularly Northern Ireland.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

netweather monthly forecast updated...and looks like normal british weather..i.e. changeable, some sun, some rain, not that hot.

During this period it looks likely that the low pressure anomaly centre will shift to the east of Britain, with a high pressure anomaly in the mid-North Atlantic, resulting in a cooler west to north-westerly type often establishing over Britain. With the low pressure anomaly to the east being closer to the UK than the high pressure anomaly to the west, it is forecast to remain generally changeable with some low pressure systems and fronts and associated rain belts moving across the country. There will be some brighter showery weather in between the rain belts.

As a result, mean temperatures are forecast to be close to or just below normal, with negative anomalies generally between 0 and 1C. Most parts of the UK can expect to be wetter and cloudier than average, with eastern England especially likely to be somewhat wetter than average. Sunshine may end up close to or slightly above average in some western areas, particularly Northern Ireland.

Too many anomalies for my liking 

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Just wait until 'you know who' gets wind of this... 🙄

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

is there we start saying that we've had enough of experts?

Independent Weather.

I think it could catch on if all we do is post about rain or something else weather related which is immensely miserable?

On 6/5/2022 at 12:36 PM, Dave_c said:

I'm in Belper and it's pissed it down all morning!

That's mad, we're only near West Hallam, Ilkeston, so not far from you at all!!! We got a fair amount early sunday morning, but it quickly dried up for the village celebrations. Nothing for the rest of the day other than very light showers. This was in spite of rain being forecast all day. 

Nursing a hangover today, so not been out much. I haven't noticed any 'heavy' rain but every time I've taken the dogs into the garden the ground has been damp. So we must be getting something. 

1 hour ago, stopwn1981 said:

The sun predicting 2007, 14 and 16 rolled into one. But it is the sun 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18750430/uk-weather-forecast-today-london-met-office-warnings/

I’d rather 5 days of torrential r*in in a fortnight than click on that shitrag. #JFT97

However we’re in luck, they only ever print utter lies anyway, so it’s bound to be cracking the flags 🌞 

Edited by theciderviking
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

That's mad, we're only near West Hallam, Ilkeston, so not far from you at all!!! We got a fair amount early sunday morning, but it quickly dried up for the village celebrations. Nothing for the rest of the day other than very light showers. This was in spite of rain being forecast all day. 

Nursing a hangover today, so not been out much. I haven't noticed any 'heavy' rain but every time I've taken the dogs into the garden the ground has been damp. So we must be getting something. 

My message was yesterday, rained most of the day here in Belper. Haven't seen any rain today though thankfully.

I used to live in West Hallam, Pavillion Court specifically. Nice little village.