The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

2 minutes ago, joeltg said:

It's fine.  Not too hot at all.

giphy.gif

I had a quick check of the other weather sites and there is a bit of consensus that it's going to be mostly dry over the festival - though nowhere else has posted such extreme temps as mecheck.

The run up is a bit more mixed.  Metcheck says there'll be a couple of small showers in the next two weeks, accuweather appears to be channelling The Nal and predicting biblical floods.  

As long as the site avoids the worst of the rain then all shall be good I reckon.

Don't panic if there's rain before hand, we all know how quick it dries out when it stops.

Absolutely pissed it down on the Monday last festival, was some really muddy bits in the SE corner, you would never have known it by Wednesday though

apologies if it's been posted somewhere already I didn't see - but does anyone know offhand what the weather was like in 2020 and 2021 for what would have been?  The weather obviously varies from year to year, adn the odds are we wouldn't be likely to repeat a recent pattern.  I'm hoping someone will say that 2021 would have been a flood fest so that's not likely two years in a row

6 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

apologies if it's been posted somewhere already I didn't see - but does anyone know offhand what the weather was like in 2020 and 2021 for what would have been?  The weather obviously varies from year to year, adn the odds are we wouldn't be likely to repeat a recent pattern.  I'm hoping someone will say that 2021 would have been a flood fest so that's not likely two years in a row

Gambler's fallacy

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, mazola said:

Don't panic if there's rain before hand, we all know how quick it dries out when it stops.

Absolutely pissed it down on the Monday last festival, was some really muddy bits in the SE corner, you would never have known it by Wednesday though

Was that Monday night into Tuesday morning? I don't remember any rain on the Monday but there was a few puddles around Williams green on Tuesday morning and that was it ... The way the weather changed that week from being potentially a bit shit to becoming a scorcher was amazing 👏👏👏

6 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

apologies if it's been posted somewhere already I didn't see - but does anyone know offhand what the weather was like in 2020 and 2021 for what would have been?

In a word it was ‘MEH’. Not hot, not cold, not dry but not too wet. The Goldilocks of festival weather if you will.

3 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Was that Monday night into Tuesday morning? I don't remember any rain on the Monday but there was a few puddles around Williams green on Tuesday morning and that was it ... The way the weather changed that week from being potentially a bit shit to becoming a scorcher was amazing 👏👏👏

Yeah I think so, it was really heavy when we were walking back from Maceos. It was very wet and muddy in Avalon on Tuesday

Temps are looking good with a warming trend all month, but looking at Ventusky we've got the remnants of Tropical storm Alex drifting over us for the next 7 days, so doubtless a fair amount of rain there.  After that it looks like a typical June, few showers but no significant low pressure or moisture moving in from the West.  Still a bit far out to make accurate predictions but at least to my untrained eye it looks promising.

For god sake why am I checking this thread multiple times a day again? I was so sure I wouldn't get hooked this year! I still vividly remember annoying the fuck out of my colleagues sharing updates.. the azores finger!

That said it's going to be a good year, i've been Glasto 2010, 2015, 2017 and 2019, all of them were good so I can't see why that will ever change now.

Edited by Wilfko

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Netweather NMM Image

The hot weather was predicted to "break down" giving thunder storms during the festival in 2019 but it didn't come to pass.

Fingers crossed as we get closer lightening strikes twice (or doesn't, but you know what I mean...)

26 minutes ago, Wilfko said:

For god sake why am I checking this thread multiple times a day again? I was so sure I wouldn't get hooked this year! I still vividly remember annoying the fuck out of my colleagues sharing updates.. the azores finger!

That said it's going to be a good year, i've been Glasto 2010, 2015, 2017 and 2019, all of them were good so I can't see why that will ever change now.

Bloody love that Azores Finger.