The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

15 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Wasnt' 2007 dry weather leading up to it and then a months worth during a few hours on the friday night...and that's how you got flooding. With current forecasts looking pretty wet for next few weeks.

That was 05. 07 just rained all the time. 

Looks like the next couple of weeks will have a fair bit of rain, just in time for the major build work at the site. Think that was one of the problems in 2016 and the ground never really recovered.  God, I hope it's not a repeat of that.

43 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Wasnt' 2007 dry weather leading up to it and then a months worth during a few hours on the friday night...and that's how you got flooding. With current forecasts looking pretty wet for next few weeks.

That was 2005, 2007 was the worst year out of my 13 visits. Made 2016 look easy!

Logging on and seeing the weather thread is hot really gives you the fear. 

we were forecast heavy rain in Devon today but I’ve just been out knocking on doors in Tiverton canvassing for the by-election and I didn’t feel a drop. 

keep the faith, it will be fine. 

ITN. Ignore @The Nal

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

we were forecast heavy rain in Devon today but I’ve just been out knocking on doors in Tiverton canvassing for the by-election and I didn’t feel a drop. 

ITN. Ignore @The Nal

south Devon much the same - all this doom and gloom is nonsense 🤞

11 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Still not a drop here in Derbyshire for what feels like an eternity. Ground is rock hard and cracked, grass is needing supplemental water. They've been giving out rain for days, but it just doesn't seem to come, or if it does it misses us. Forecast is for some heavy rain this evening. Let's see if it happens. 

I can see a load of heavy rain on the radar that looks like it's hammering the south east and moving in a north eastern direction, looks like the very edge could hit us or miss us. I actually hope it hits, garden needs it. 

I'm in Belper and it's pissed it down all morning!

Just now, JoBalls said:

I’d put it off up until now but I’m conceding it’s time to start to look for a new rain poncho.

I was just about to buy a new one but will wait, It could be cold and wet or it could be warm and wet so I'll decide on the 20th what type of jacket I need🤣

Been camping all weekend (flash floods) and going hiking next week (rain predicted every day). 

If Glastonbury is a wash out as well then I might cry. 

Rain is far far worse then sunshine of any degree. Changes the festival massively and makes it a slog. 

Edited by kemosabe

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Accuweather is saying storms in Pilton today. 

803CD188-30B5-4CC1-BE5C-4962D28FB179.thumb.jpeg.e08414f4a4cca295d84b7e212607ecc8.jpeg

If the locals or people on site confirm if this storm happens then we know we know the site is reliable. 

If no storm happens we can call them InAccuweather and ignore their predictions. 

Yeah would be good to compare weather apps. I always use The Weather Channel... Possible flooding today so would be good to hear from @deebeedoobee thanks

IMG_20220605_125947.jpg

IMG_20220605_125838.jpg

Seems a mixture of forecasts at this stage, as that’s to be expected because it’s way too early for anything reliable. The only forecast that actually counts is the Countryfile one on the Sunday before, and the State of the Ground thread. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Accuweather is saying storms in Pilton today. 

803CD188-30B5-4CC1-BE5C-4962D28FB179.thumb.jpeg.e08414f4a4cca295d84b7e212607ecc8.jpeg

If the locals or people on site confirm if this storm happens then we know we know the site is reliable. 

If no storm happens we can call them InAccuweather and ignore their predictions. 

There has been no storm in Pilton today as of now. In fact, it only rained in the early hours  ( about4am). I'll let you know what happens this afternoon 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

ITN. Ignore @The Nal

I hope it was for Mr Foord 😉 

• Upvote 1

17 days to go!

Rain forecast for the next 9 days

And we have a new contender!

https://www.bbc.com/weather/outlook

One final point to note is that the Atlantic Hurricane season has now started and it is expected to be an active one. This can add an extra layer of uncertainty into longer range forecasts so details may well change in our next update.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

One final point to note is that the Atlantic Hurricane season has now started and it is expected to be an active one. This can add an extra layer of uncertainty into longer range forecasts so details may well change in our next update.

Too far @The Nal, too far 😂

Edited by JoBalls

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

17 days to go!

Rain forecast for the next 9 days

And we have a new contender!

https://www.bbc.com/weather/outlook

“The Nal’s doomongering season has now started and it is expected to be an active one”