The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

1 hour ago, Yeo-vile idiot said:

A fairly decent sized dust damping down storm rolling north over yeovil for the last hour 

it's biblical here in WSM at the moment, a few hours so far of lightning and sheet rain, but I was gardening earlier today and the ground was rock hard, and I expect once I get back at it tomorrow, it'll still be rock hard.

Spoke to a buddy who is on site yesterday evening, and it's 'dusty and dry and looking to stay that way' so I am calmed 🙂

Still not a drop here in Derbyshire for what feels like an eternity. Ground is rock hard and cracked, grass is needing supplemental water. They've been giving out rain for days, but it just doesn't seem to come, or if it does it misses us. Forecast is for some heavy rain this evening. Let's see if it happens. 

I can see a load of heavy rain on the radar that looks like it's hammering the south east and moving in a north eastern direction, looks like the very edge could hit us or miss us. I actually hope it hits, garden needs it. 

19 hours ago, JoBalls said:

Yeah at the 2012 jubilee we went down to London to watch the flotilla for my father in law’s birthday and it absolutely pissed it down the entire day, ended up sitting in All Bar One for 4 hours of happy hour so wasn’t a total bust 😂

I watched a clip of that display (admittedly as part of a 2012 comedy show) and it looked like the rain did very much make it a less fun experience than was perhaps aspired when the idea was commissioned. Sacking it off for a long sesh down All Bar One seems like a fair trade-off ha. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cooter said:

As prefest weather has been it's been worse, at least the temps are decent. A few glimmers of sunshine and slight breeze and I'd say that forecast isn't much to panic about.

Agreed. A few days of rain pre festival mixed with dry, sunny days of 18-19c is absolutely fine