The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

I seem to remember the last Jubilee weekend in 2012 having at least one washout day as part of a pretty horrible sequence of weather where it rained a lot between about March and the start of the Olympics.

But then is it a surprise? Such is the frequency of rain appearing round here that predicting the British weather isn't exactly something people are known for always getting right.

19 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Swear it changes from dreaded scorcher to dreaded washout 6 times a day in this thread 

Yep welcome to the thread of excitement- it gets worse as we go into the final week forecast-hang on for the rollercoaster of weather! 😀😎☀️🌤🌧🌦🌤☀️️⛈🌥☁️🌧🌤

21 minutes ago, The Nal said:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/long-range-forecast

Saturday 18 Jun - Saturday 2 Jul

"be under the influence of slightly higher pressure to the southwest, with a chance of above average rainfall for the time of year. "

aliens-game-over-man.gif

According to the bbc there’s 4 days of light showers in the next 14 days with the probability of rain never above 42%. I don’t think that’s horrendous. 

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

I seem to remember the last Jubilee weekend in 2012 having at least one washout day as part of a pretty horrible sequence of weather where it rained a lot between about March and the start of the Olympics.

But then is it a surprise? Such is the frequency of rain appearing round here that predicting the British weather isn't exactly something people are known for always getting right.

Yeah at the 2012 jubilee we went down to London to watch the flotilla for my father in law’s birthday and it absolutely pissed it down the entire day, ended up sitting in All Bar One for 4 hours of happy hour so wasn’t a total bust 😂

I’ve spent the day sitting out the back garden in the sunshine, drinking beer,  topping up/creating a suntan so when I finally get on the farm I won’t look like a lobster. For the west of Scotland today is a freak of nature.  Ignore the doom mongers, it’s going to be decent weather.

@The Nalreally should live here,he would just love it😊😉

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’ve spent the day sitting out the back garden in the sunshine, drinking beer,  topping up/creating a suntan so when I finally get on the farm I won’t look like a lobster. For the west of Scotland today is a freak of nature.  Ignore the doom mongers, it’s going to be decent weather.

@The Nalreally should live here,he would just love it😊😉

Well, he also hails from a damp and green land 😉

7 hours ago, The Nal said:

18 days to go and the next 9 days look horrendous. 

Possible irreversible damage. 

I actually look forward to your posts on this thread.. there're hilarious 🤣.... It's like self flagellation. This from a person who is on his knees praying for a sunny hot weekend.

It much be the Catholic in me !