The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

I feel like @The Nal's posts are an extremely important ritual to satisfy the weather gods, without that kind of balance in the universe we definitely would be doomed. 

(It's also an important reminder that regardless of forecasts, it could well turn grim, even at very late notice, so we need to keep that in mind as we make preparations.) 

Whilst I don't agree with your doomsaying this early on Nal, I very much appreciate the balance and the grounding it brings 🙂 Keep up the good work. 🙂 

6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

What happened to this super super computer that was supposed to be incredible I heard about 3 or 4 years ago ? Was supposed to be amazing for local forecasting 

They spent the money on cheese and wine instead 

44 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

The farm tracks are all so dry. Just left the Bath & West showground and there was loads of dust being kicked. Not sure my photo shows it that well.

20220602_134003.jpg

This is hugely positive, thanks for sharing.

Just now, Euphoricape said:

Looking potentially like another scorcher then! 🔥

I’ll caveat the above and any other positive news I report with the fact the weather is so unpredictable anything this far in advance is to be taken with a huge pinch of salt!

1 minute ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Just caught up with a friend who works for the Environment Agency, specifically in flood prevention. I've asked her to give me a heads-up in the weeks leading up to Glasto and she is on-board.

The only floods on Worthy Farm this year will be tears on the Wednesday evening during sunset!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

During Gerry Cinnamon by any chance?

That Saturday was something else humidity wise.

Yep! We were right at the front, and soaking with sweat. Some guy right behind me was on someone's shoulders and kept lighting flares, so I had red hot ash landing on my back on top of 50 degree heat!

5 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Yep! We were right at the front, and soaking with sweat. Some guy right behind me was on someone's shoulders and kept lighting flares, so I had red hot ash landing on my back on top of 50 degree heat!

That's like one of the 9 rings of hell

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Ffs. Don't think I can handle a heatwave

Me neither 2019 was a fucker. Not helped by the fact i had £300 cash stolen on the first night so was scrimping the whole festival.

No setiously when i think back there were some much time wasted by being too hot to move other than for some shelter! 

2017 was the perfect year i think wasn't it?