The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

2 minutes ago, Brad2434 said:

Not been to Glastonbury since the 2016 washout which put me off going up until now. Since then the weather has been great every year for Glasto weekend so you can put your mortgage on it being another washout for my return this year!

This is where the smart money is unfortunately. Law of averages.

Basically since 2016, its only rained on Glasto week/weekend once or twice out of a possible 25 days. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

This is the purpose of the Nals existence. He’s not been able to bring us weather doom since 2019. He’s just warming up. 

Or cooling down, as the case may be. Personally I would be hugely concerned if he wasn't telling us it'll be a huge shitshow. That's when we need to panic.

On 5/22/2022 at 3:54 PM, The Nal said:

2007 was defo impacted by the weather but the sound, lineup and general entertainment at the festival were all poor that year. Post Lost Vagueness, pre SE corner. Defo a watershed year. Everything changed in the couple of years after

But yeah...51560?crop=16_9&width=660&relax=1&signat

Eh? Think you went to a different festival, nothing poor about the lineup at all

59 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Basically since 2016, its only rained on Glasto week/weekend once or twice out of a possible 25 days. 

Now the festival countdown is on! YLTSI

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

buyt that year it was like 1 months worth of rain in 4 days right? something insane. i remember dragging my bags from car park to oxlyers and feeling like id been at the festival for 5 days

5 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

buyt that year it was like 1 months worth of rain in 4 days right? something insane. i remember dragging my bags from car park to oxlyers and feeling like id been at the festival for 5 days

I went back to the car on Sunday morning and the car park I was in had turning into a shallow lake. 

16 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Does anyone know if Jackone (or J10 as he likes to go by these days) will be doing a Netweather Glasto special again this year.  I've missed those updates!! 

J10 seemed to disappear a bit I think he's on the netweather forum.

However.

Gavs weather vids on YouTube is the current go to 

GavsWeatherVids - YouTube

Edited by gooner1990

29 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Does anyone know if Jackone (or J10 as he likes to go by these days) will be doing a Netweather Glasto special again this year.  I've missed those updates!! 

He was chucked in a padded cell after he ate his mothers brains. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

He was chucked in a padded cell after he ate his mothers brains. 

You would think they would have been lenient on him given the great public service he carried out for years

I was going to post my weekly weather countdown but MetCheck are currently showing a bug for Glastonbury long range weather. 

2ECECB66-AE30-474C-9C54-268332158BE3.thumb.jpeg.2279951daf706ec2919ff0a3afac1a80.jpeg

The error on the second line has me worried. Basically whatever data they were trying to show is off the chart. 🤯

25 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I was going to post my weekly weather countdown but MetCheck are currently showing a bug for Glastonbury long range weather. 

2ECECB66-AE30-474C-9C54-268332158BE3.thumb.jpeg.2279951daf706ec2919ff0a3afac1a80.jpeg

The error on the second line has me worried. Basically whatever data they were trying to show is off the chart. 🤯

Heatwave confirmed. 

2 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Oh dear. The guys on the Netweather forum are saying a wet and cool June is looking quite likely. In fact, they have just said how similar the current charts are to 2007. 

Metcheck have fixed their bug. You’re right it’s not good news. 

Where is that forum poster who was asking for cooler weather 😡

41B26075-612E-4C4B-AA0E-039DB98F292E.thumb.jpeg.786ee01652401392da948a38f07187ad.jpeg

16 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

41B26075-612E-4C4B-AA0E-039DB98F292E.thumb.jpeg.786ee01652401392da948a38f07187ad.jpeg

Granted it’s a bit cooler than any of us would like but it is still showing less than 6mm of rain over the 5 days of the festival, it could be much much worse. I’d rather be wearing a cardigan than a raincoat.

19 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

bit warm.

What are the three temperatures...morning, afternoon and night? If so temperature wise that's spot on...I'll allow that 21 on Sunday. Friday looks nice and chilled.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

bit warm.

What are the three temperatures...morning, afternoon and night? If so temperature wise that's spot on...I'll allow that 21 on Sunday. Friday looks nice and chilled.

Maximum, how warm it feels, minimum temperature. 

Night time weather will be considerably cooler. 

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

bit warm.

just checked...Max, Feels and Min. So those righthand temperatures are middle of the night temperatures...pretty much same as day temperatures? Would be real nice if true..but that doesn't really happen very often....

Edited by steviewevie