The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

57 minutes ago, zico martin said:

It was just about manageable during SA but not exactly fun. Buggered off before Fontaines as we'd already seen them in JP the day before. Did I miss much?

the only set of theirs I didnt see was the late night sunday/monday one.  They were all pretty similar, some variations in setlist.  

7 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

too hot > too wet. at least with hot it naturally gets cooler later on. while when its wet its just muddy all fucking day. you cant sit down anywhere all day and its just an absolute slog.

Upvote.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Saturday afternoon 2019 was 32 degrees I think? I remember melting watching Mattiel at the Park, then going for cold cans of water at the bar and the guy serving telling me it was 32 in the shade.

Yeah, it was hotter at Glastonbury than it was in Ibiza that afternoon, we were messaging our friend who was over there about it. 

Today in Essex has been pretty ideal - 21°C and sunny, not particularly breezy, not a drop of rain. Sleeves not required but not too hot for jeans. Would take that every day of the festival.

• Upvote 1

Met office to week before 

Thursday 2 Jun - Thursday 16 Jun

Early June mainly dry conditions are likely for most. Temperatures are likely to be close to or above average across the UK, with the warmer side in the south and perhaps closer to average further north. Into mid-June, the north of the UK may turn less settled, and temperatures trending closer to average. While conditions in the south may remain largely fine, and temperatures are likely to stay above average.

19 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

Yeah, it was hotter at Glastonbury than it was in Ibiza that afternoon, we were messaging our friend who was over there about it. 

Today in Essex has been pretty ideal - 21°C and sunny, not particularly breezy, not a drop of rain. Sleeves not required but not too hot for jeans. Would take that every day of the festival.

I'm in Essex too and was thinking that today would be perfect Glasto weather! 

10 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Saturday afternoon 2019 was 32 degrees I think? I remember melting watching Mattiel at the Park, then going for cold cans of water at the bar and the guy serving telling me it was 32 in the shade.

That really was unbearable on a hangover.. woke up in a very sweaty tent and struggled to find shade all day

10 hours ago, sedra said:

Met office to week before 

Thursday 2 Jun - Thursday 16 Jun

Early June mainly dry conditions are likely for most. Temperatures are likely to be close to or above average across the UK, with the warmer side in the south and perhaps closer to average further north. Into mid-June, the north of the UK may turn less settled, and temperatures trending closer to average. While conditions in the south may remain largely fine, and temperatures are likely to stay above average.

Thats very worrying in the north. Less settled means low pressure. Low pressure means sustained periods of rain.

2007 and 2016 had low pressure. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

i do always love telling people you have to add around five or so degrees for direct sunlight

On 5/18/2022 at 11:04 AM, uscore said:

I like it when it's superhot so anyone who really struggled through it can fuckoff -  is quite a strong statement by a few people.

You do realise the  people making such statements don't actually determine the weather right?

On 5/18/2022 at 2:05 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

I was in Snapped Ankles beforehand, but let's keep a sense of proportion - yes it was warm in there, but hardly impossible to last through. Pints were still being quaffed.

Yeah SA was hot but it wasn't unbearable.

12 hours ago, The Nal said:

Thats very worrying in the north. Less settled means low pressure. Low pressure means sustained periods of rain.

2007 and 2016 had low pressure. 

But we will be in the south west so no need to worry The Nal 😀

• Upvote 2

not wishing to split hairs on this but

1. Metcheck doesn't seem to recognise Pilton as a location (although it likes Pilton in Australia).  if this is a forecast for BA4 as a district it is about as much use as the proverbial chocolate teapot. The top of the Mendips gets distinctly different (and worse) weather than our hideyhole.

2. The rainfall total of 9.5mm over a week is hardly the feckin apocalypse is it.

if anyone is going to use a forecast to reinforce your doom predictions or Saharan temperatures, at least use the right one. 

@Nal - loving your work as usual

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 9:53 PM, 4AssedMonkey said:

I had an ice cream whilst watching roland rat in the tent . 

10 hours ago, The Nal said:

And what if the weather comes from the north?! 🧐

Well hopefully we will get an Azores finger with Gulf Stream and high pressure ☀️ Rather than a northern/Atlantic low pressure wave ( 😂

On 5/18/2022 at 10:54 AM, paulshane said:

A cap / wide brimmed hat is an essential when the weather is glorious like in 2019, keeping the sun off your face really helps keep you cool 🙂

and keeps the drizzle off your head too if the weather is less than glorious, which it won't be 🙂

Yup - I absolutely swear by my big straw hat in the sun and get it on early before you think you need it to stop getting too hot to begin with.