The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Seem to remember the Wednesday in 2017 was record breaking my hot. We’d got in and set up by about 9am and it was already about 26 degrees. Remember really struggling in the afternoon after no sleep and it being about 34 degrees (may be exaggerating but couldn’t have been far off)

7 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

Seem to remember the Wednesday in 2017 was record breaking my hot. We’d got in and set up by about 9am and it was already about 26 degrees. Remember really struggling in the afternoon after no sleep and it being about 34 degrees (may be exaggerating but couldn’t have been far off)

Yep, we were in and set up by 11am.....it just kept getting hotter and hotter, we had about 15 of us camped together and then friends of ours camped in Worthy View came down to meet us to go out and everyone just ended up sat around sweating.

My mate who I was sharing a tent with couldn't hack it and me and his daughter had to stand over him and fan him with the programme whilst he tried to cool down/get some sleep.

I think sometimes its not the actualy heat but the fact there are 200,000 bodies in close proximity making it 10 times worse!

12 minutes ago, rosieangel said:

I'm pretty sure it reached 32-33 on the Saturday, absolutely insane. 

Still, i'd take 2019 again in a heartbeat. Bringing rehydration sachets, suncream and a water bottle that keeps water cool were a godsend! 

Having done 2007 when it was cold, wet and like the battle of the somme from Friday AM onwards.....I would take 2019 every time

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

oh wow! 

I can recall going to watch Sheryl Crow and spending half the set planning where I was going to try and go to cool down afterwards!

I don't think it will be as hot as that, but you know...climate change and all that we are seeing freak weather of all natures much more frequently now.

I'm a rather pasty Brit out here but, yeah, you'd think I might have got used to it! 

And agreed on your last point. Think we should expect more of that in the future and prepare accordingly. Sun cream is the obvious one but keeping things like flannels in your bag that you can soak and put on the back of your neck, loose clothing, all that jazz. 

2019 crowd checking in - happy for it to be like that every year 🙂

yes it was mega hot, but it meant it was peoper tshirt weather 24 hours a day, theres something to be said for sitting outside a bar at 1am in a tshirt and not being cold (and not just because of a beer jacket)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mardy said:

2010, 2017 and 2019 all ideal. All this talk of ‘too hot’ is fucking cobblers. Have a word. 

also @The Nalneeds to up his fucking game here if the festival is to stand a chance

Agreed.

He's not in my head at all yet and by this point in a normal year I'm sat in a corner weeping everytime I see him post in this thread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Agreed.

He's not in my head at all yet and by this point in a normal year I'm sat in a corner weeping everytime I see him post in this thread.

If you go to the festival expecting Nals weather predictions you’ll never be disappointed by the weather when you get there. 

2019 was awful. The Saturday was spent by most of my mates back at the tent trying to cool down.

1 of them was in a bit of a bad way.

I was ok, but didnt enjoy that day at all.

2017 was decent weather for everyone. 

I'm actually dreading it being so hot. I've suffered with Panic attacks over the last 3 years or so. Often brought on by over heating. Had 1 in a queue for tesco in a heatwave during lockdown. I'll take 5 days of rain before a heatwave.

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

2019 was awful. The Saturday was spent by most of my mates back at the tent trying to cool down.

I'm actually dreading it being so hot. I've suffered with Panic attacks over the last 3 years or so. Often brought on by over heating. Had 1 in a queue for tesco in a heatwave during lockdown. I'll take 5 days of rain before a heatwave.

It took us nearly 3 hours to get from WV to West Holts on that Saturday, finding shelter where we could. Was a bit much alright!

Sorry to hear about your panic attacks fella, I have some experience in that area myself, and they are horrible. I hope you can make it through the festival without those bothering you. 

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I'm exactly the same with heat, sends me into panic mode.

Saturday 2019 we found ourselves having a lie down in the circus tent in the middle of the day. Saw some of the best acts whilst there and was a weekend highlight.

The shade was the cherry on top of the icing on top of the cake!

I’d still take that weather right now in a heartbeat.

2019 Saturday got us pretty bad. One minute we're watching Mac DeMarco, the next we're passed out in the Leftfield tent recovering from what felt like a heat stroke. 

After a while I managed to gather the energy to go buy a drink, as the queues for water nearby were a bit mad (& in the sun). I do remember the lady selling drinks being really lovely & offering to refill our water bottles too! 🥺  

I'd probably still take that weather again, we were just a bit unprepared & caught off guard 😅 (less cider, more water!)

I remember at one point sitting next to a tarot stall, using the shade that it was providing. Anything that had any shade, people were flocking to, was pretty funny to see. 

Also just remembered that there was a bar at the park that stopped charging anyone who wanted water, as the manager had said that he couldn't take the money in good conscious. 

3 minutes ago, rubick said:

It took us nearly 3 hours to get from WV to West Holts on that Saturday, finding shelter where we could. Was a bit much alright!

Sorry to hear about your panic attacks fella, I have some experience in that area myself, and they are horrible. I hope you can make it through the festival without those bothering you. 

Thanks. To be honest, I haven't had 1 for a while. Over doing things & a lack of sleep caught up with me. I have slowed down a lot and thry have improved. It's a year since I had 1.

I am nervous about a potential heatwave though.

Hope you are ok with your issue too!

A cap / wide brimmed hat is an essential when the weather is glorious like in 2019, keeping the sun off your face really helps keep you cool 🙂

and keeps the drizzle off your head too if the weather is less than glorious, which it won't be 🙂

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

5 weeks before arrival and those worrying about it being a furnace need not to worry. 

5C34A3C2-DCE2-4005-8D3D-6B65AD5D025B.thumb.jpeg.39802fa39aac01c442bd1812495aee45.jpeg

At least it’s not looking so hot that people will need to take their tops off.

Anything above freezing point and it’s taps aff for us Caledonians. Going to head down to Glastonbury camping for a few days so will do a close as possible to site report!!

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Thanks. To be honest, I haven't had 1 for a while. Over doing things & a lack of sleep caught up with me. I have slowed down a lot and thry have improved. It's a year since I had 1.

I am nervous about a potential heatwave though.

Hope you are ok with your issue too!

I've never had one at a gig or festival thankfully - mine were work-related for the most part. If I could just harness the part of my brain that manages to switch off the dark thoughts whilst at a festival it would be amazing back in the real world! 🙂

• Upvote 1

I like it when it's superhot so anyone who really struggled through it can fuckoff -  is quite a strong statement by a few people.

It's particularly good when accompanied with a Oh you don't like heatwaves, I expect you preferred year 200x when hundreds of people drowned in the floods.

As if the only choice is between too hot or a mudbath.

I like it temperate.

1 hour ago, One Tonne Baby said:

You’re right may even have been a bit more than 34. All I can remember is my head being like Niagara Falls whilst putting the tent up while my daughter just sat there complaining that it was too hot 😂

43 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Did anyone go to the Fontaines DC set in Williams Green on Saturday afternoon in 2019?  That was next level uncomfortable. incredible

I was sat in the nearby snug in the shade drinking frozen margs with my sister in law, while my husband and his friend went to watch Fontaines. When they emerged sweaty and furious we knew we’d made the right call giving it a miss.

I’m firmly in club 2019 was too hot - 2017 was perfect weather for me.