The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Past performance is no guide to the future. 

I'll be watching the weather forecasts like a hawk,  but I'm not going to worry about what the weather was like last year or the last 4 years because it really doesn't make it any more or less likely that it will rain this year. 

Keep the faith and hope for the sun. 

1 hour ago, Jon F said:

I certainly remember being sat in the sun in the Park on Saturday afternoon .  My recollection is Sunday was a bit cooler, with a bit of drizzle in the morning around the time Slaves were on the other.

I’ll be honest…Saturday 2017 is a bit of a blur! 

1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

I’ll be honest…Saturday 2017 is a bit of a blur! 

Weds: warm sunny day

Thurs: cool and cloudy with a small spot of drizzel

friday: cloudy and breezy, rain late at night

saturday: a little leftover rain in the morning,  partly cloudy with a little sun, rain again in the wee hours

sunday: mostly sunny and nice breeze.

monday, sunny and cool

i personally would be against it being warm the whole time. Thats not what im travelling to experience at the fest. So a nice amount of clouds and a little wind is fine. A little rain is ok cause it keeps the dust down. Just dont need it pouring buckets. No mud!

Edited by Suprefan

4 hours ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

I must remember it wrong as I'd thought one of the lockdown years was bad weather...at least for a few of the days

2/4 days of our Glasthomebury in 2020 were a washout due to rain and very high winds. 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Would take a repeat of 2017 in a heartbeat. Ground you can sit on is the bare minimum.

For sure. It just rained at the right time per say. Overnight showers arent the worst thing because way less people are walking around and youre sleeping. 

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Weds: warm sunny day

Thurs: cool and cloudy with a small spot of drizzel

friday: cloudy and breezy, rain late at night

saturday: a little leftover rain in the morning,  partly cloudy with a little sun, rain again in the wee hours

sunday: mostly sunny and nice breeze.

monday, sunny and cool

i personally would be against it being warm the whole time. Thats not what im travelling to experience at the fest. So a nice amount of clouds and a little wind is fine. A little rain is ok cause it keeps the dust down. Just dont need it pouring buckets. No mud!

Oh I agree…2010 was too much (and we don’t have those fantastic misters you get a coachella!). I think I drank more water in 2010 than anything else, so I’d take 2017 over it in a heartbeat! Glorious would be dry, sunny, 20 degrees every day, but that’s not likely! 

42 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Not true unfortunately. 

Its time to panic. 

True. Lovely weather until 9pm Friday, then it pissed it down. 
Saturday overcast and windy. 
Sunday high winds and showers - had to take the gazebo down so it didn’t blow away. 

Law of averages doesn’t apply here. The weather every summer is a stand alone chaotic system. Past years don’t have any bearing.

And the “max 18 - min 14” crowd can do one. Mid/low 20’s please and dry ground to sit on is my start point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Law of averages doesn’t apply here. The weather every summer is a stand alone chaotic system. Past years don’t have any bearing.

And the “max 18 - min 14” crowd can do one. Mid/low 20’s please and dry ground to sit on is my start point.

This. Why settle for mediocrity? 
HOT HOT HOT please. 

30 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

This. Why settle for mediocrity? 
HOT HOT HOT please. 

2010 and 2019 had their challenges with the heat and dust, but I would take that in a heartbeat over any sniff of mud.  22-25 DegC would be perfect IMO, but it needs to be DRY. 

1 hour ago, Olshansky said:

Maybe its my age catching up with me, but 2019 was a lot harder to deal with than 2010. By the sunday in 2019 the heat had just taken everything out of me.  I don't like it too hot, but I would rather be in trainers than wellies.... 

I'm with you. Stupidly hot. Almost impossible to deal with when horrifically hungover and limited shade available. Queuing for the increased amount of water taps to drench the t-shirt and hat which were then dry by the time I'd got back to where came from. Just no rain for me please. Dry so I can lie/sit down in between bands if needs be and get from a to b quickly. So much less sociable walking from one stage to another with your mates and trudging through mud concentrating on where you put your feel (and how you pull your foot out)!

11 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

Oh I agree…2010 was too much (and we don’t have those fantastic misters you get a coachella!). I think I drank more water in 2010 than anything else, so I’d take 2017 over it in a heartbeat! Glorious would be dry, sunny, 20 degrees every day, but that’s not likely! 

Yeah. I mean I dont think it would be that hard for them to prepare for the heat if its likely to happen. Trust me, the festival is going to have to adjust to those conditions if they indeed happen cause after 2019, you cant let people just fend for themselves and cut off the water usage. There was a festival in Las Vegas this past weekend and it was 40 on Saturday. They ran out of water to be sold at one point and the free water stations were spewing warm water. The next day it was going to be the same temps and they made water free, added shade tents and allowed people to leave the venue and come back if they chose to do so.

i think it also has to do with the fact that 99% of the audience isnt accustomed  to that weather so it hits you like A brick. Pair that with drinking and you got a mess on your hands.

No heat wave!

Edited by Suprefan

7 hours ago, Olshansky said:

Maybe its my age catching up with me, but 2019 was a lot harder to deal with than 2010. By the sunday in 2019 the heat had just taken everything out of me.  I don't like it too hot, but I would rather be in trainers than wellies.... 

If memory serves me correctly 2010 was something like a solid 25 all weekend.....2019 had days when it was getting towards 30 and I think the Saturday may have even topped that. 

I really struggled on the Friday and Saturday at 2019...the Friday night,  I had worked the Stonebridge bar till 5am, bed by 6 and was up by 8am in a pig sweat of a tent....awful. Couldn't get any shade all day and it was my one day off and it ruined it tbh. Found solace in the greenfields lying on a patch of grass next to the path which was luckily flanked by some trees. 

Fresh and Black tent was purchased once I got home from the festival! 

Like Suprefan says, most of the people who attend aren't used to that sort of weather so can't deal with it as well as if it happened in a country used to higher temps at other points of the year.

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

If memory serves me correctly 2010 was something like a solid 25 all weekend.....2019 had days when it was getting towards 30 and I think the Saturday may have even topped that. 

I really struggled on the Friday and Saturday at 2019...the Friday night,  I had worked the Stonebridge bar till 5am, bed by 6 and was up by 8am in a pig sweat of a tent....awful. Couldn't get any shade all day and it was my one day off and it ruined it tbh. Found solace in the greenfields lying on a patch of grass next to the path which was luckily flanked by some trees. 

Like Suprefan says, most of the people who attend aren't used to that sort of weather so can't deal with it as well as if it happened in a country used to higher temps at other points of the year.

I live in the Middle East, so you'd think I'd have one of the best shots at being used to the heat, but 2019 was BRUTAL. Sat waiting for that Vampire Weekend 'secret' set at The Park and just couldn't cool down, even with a wet cloth underneath my hat. I was in bed by midnight/1am every night because the heat was just so sapping during the day, couldn't manage a single late night. 

I very much hope it isn't that hot again this year. 

10 minutes ago, dmedxb said:

I live in the Middle East, so you'd think I'd have one of the best shots at being used to the heat, but 2019 was BRUTAL. Sat waiting for that Vampire Weekend 'secret' set at The Park and just couldn't cool down, even with a wet cloth underneath my hat. I was in bed by midnight/1am every night because the heat was just so sapping during the day, couldn't manage a single late night. 

I very much hope it isn't that hot again this year. 

oh wow! 

I can recall going to watch Sheryl Crow and spending half the set planning where I was going to try and go to cool down afterwards!

I don't think it will be as hot as that, but you know...climate change and all that we are seeing freak weather of all natures much more frequently now.

16 hours ago, Padgey said:

Been out on Salisbury Plain today and the wind reminded me of how bad the wind is on the sound at the festival, especially on T'Other stage, therefore hopefully no wind during festival week.

I live near the plain and defo windy yesterday. 

27 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

oh wow! 

I can recall going to watch Sheryl Crow and spending half the set planning where I was going to try and go to cool down afterwards!

I don't think it will be as hot as that, but you know...climate change and all that we are seeing freak weather of all natures much more frequently now.

Another lover of the heat here and even ill say the Wednesday was a challenge... when i was reading about how hot it was i remembered i had two Golf umbrellas in my car that i hardly ever use. I stuck them out the back of my day bag like flipping he man and they absolutely saved us.

We found a bar bench outside the tent in the Avalon field and the holes fit the umbrellas perfectly.

SOme lads even offered us £50 for them 😁

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

I'm pretty sure it reached 32-33 on the Saturday, absolutely insane. 

Still, i'd take 2019 again in a heartbeat. Bringing rehydration sachets, suncream and a water bottle that keeps water cool were a godsend! 

• Upvote 1