The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Edit: oh fuck 2017 was glorious too wasn't it?

Glorious would be pushing it a bit. Scorcher on Wed, drizzle Wed night, overcast, dry and mild for the rest of festival (so perfect festie weather really, but not exactly glorious!). On the other hand, if it's been like that for 4 years in a row, maybe this is what weather is like at the end of June now! I am a blind optimist mind you!...#thereisapattern

34 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Glorious would be pushing it a bit. Scorcher on Wed, drizzle Wed night, overcast, dry and mild for the rest of festival (so perfect festie weather really, but not exactly glorious!). On the other hand, if it's been like that for 4 years in a row, maybe this is what weather is like at the end of June now! I am a blind optimist mind you!...#thereisapattern

I certainly remember being sat in the sun in the Park on Saturday afternoon .  My recollection is Sunday was a bit cooler, with a bit of drizzle in the morning around the time Slaves were on the other.

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

2019 was great, 2020 was great, 2021 was great.

No chance of 4 good years in a row, sorry.

2018 was even better but it was a fallow year so by that reasoning we've already had 4 in a row. Of course it does mean that 5 is even more unlikely. 

Just now, gigpusher said:

2018 was even better but it was a fallow year so by that reasoning we've already had 4 in a row. Of course it does mean that 5 is even more unlikely. 

2012 would have been a big washout

2006 would have been a 30 degree wall to wall scorcher

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

This isnt good news at all. 

Its never happened before. Law of averages right.

HighlevelPitifulKinglet-max-1mb.gif

17 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

And 2017 was pretty much perfect weather.

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

This isnt good news at all. 

Its never happened before. Law of averages right.

HighlevelPitifulKinglet-max-1mb.gif

Or maybe global warming is timing it just right for Glastonbury to always be perfect weather going forward

10 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Weather last couple of weeks giving me the fear. Abysmal craic.

Weather here has been mixed enough that anything is possible.