The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

14 hours ago, sedra said:

Is the ram jam jar full today? It’s been a bit wet in the south west today- good news for the garden 😀👍

Currently in Devon so won’t be able to record the RAM jar until this evening. It seems to had had a little rain at least according to the webcam

26 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Weather looking back on course again, might feel a little chilly in the evenings so pack a hoody

image.thumb.png.00582dec755ace8c55b8b81f4115a8fc.png

i'm bang up for this. Drop of rain on monday night to bed me tent in, otherwise dry and not too hot, necessitating not much more than a hoodie at sundown. Youve convinced me, where do i sign? 

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

i'm bang up for this. Drop of rain on monday night to bed me tent in, otherwise dry and not too hot, necessitating not much more than a hoodie at sundown. Youve convinced me, where do i sign? 

Unfortunately the updated forecast is a bit worse.

Those of a nervous disposition may want to look away 

Screenshot_20220516-172834_Chrome.jpg

20 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

the good news is that it's going to continue to change.  let's get all the bad forecasts out of the way.  (is that too optimistic?)

2 hours ago, Olshansky said:

the good news is that it's going to continue to change.  let's get all the bad forecasts out of the way.  (is that too optimistic?)

Alternatively if you find a poor forecast don’t post the fucking thing. Only share the nice sunny ones with us! It pisses all the time where I live.@Tranquility of Solitudehas just mentioned that!  

3 hours ago, BambooShanks said:

That would be awful. Strike it from the record please.

21 hours ago, sedra said:

Is the ram jam jar full today? It’s been a bit wet in the south west today- good news for the garden 😀👍

Finally home and have checked the RAM jam jar. It has about 1 inch of water in it. That is for two days. Obviously there will have been some evaporation, but my garden is certainly thanking the weather gods today.

8 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Finally home and have checked the RAM jam jar. It has about 1 inch of water in it. That is for two days. Obviously there will have been some evaporation, but my garden is certainly thanking the weather gods today.

You and your forcasts were my main concern when I heard long timers had been kicked.

extremely relieved they live on.

31 minutes ago, jow95 said:

You and your forcasts were my main concern when I heard long timers had been kicked.

extremely relieved they live on.

I’m not sure many people are remotely interested in my twaddle. But in memory of Big Dog, I’ll keep wittering on.

Full forecasts will be available daily from 1st June. For now it’s just weekly/ odd days.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I’m not sure many people are remotely interested in my twaddle. But in memory of Big Dog, I’ll keep wittering on.

Full forecasts will be available daily from 1st June. For now it’s just weekly/ odd days.

i am very interested! i always look out for the jar updates . im just a silent watcher ... in the shadows.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

And can the BBC with all their satellites, experts and weather stations give me a report on the state of the muddy puddle at Mary’s Gate? No they can’t So I will continue to trust your in depth local knowledge 😉

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Perhaps you have more followers than you realise. Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BambooShanks said:

That’s not so bad, I’m thinking the Friday rain is between 3am and 10am and it will drain and dry off in the midday sun.

Last night in Bournemouth we had extreme thunder/lightning for ages and rain - I had flashbacks (no pun intended 😆) to 2005 the night of the deluge when the thunderstorm echoed round the site for hours.

13 hours ago, March Hare said:

That’s not so bad, I’m thinking the Friday rain is between 3am and 10am and it will drain and dry off in the midday sun

I like your way of thinking. And with a relatively dry run up to the fest, the rain will just get soaked in to the ground before it even has a chance to turn to mud.

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Bad vibes on the forum = muddy glastonbury.

We need some good forecasts and some graphs to distract and fill people with hope again

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

2019 was great, 2020 was great, 2021 was great.

No chance of 4 good years in a row, sorry.

I thought one of the pandemic years wasn't actually as good as the forecasts indicated it would be? Was it 2020 when we had overall better summer weather than 2021, somewhat perversely