The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

AccuWeather has the full festival in view now. Perhaps the temps are a bit cool, but doable. Bit of rain but none on Wednesday crucially, so not too bad.

Would take it personally. I know it’s all rubbish at this stage, but it ain’t that long before this thread becomes properly relevant and my excitement levels ratchet up a few levels:

Edit: mind you that rain on Thursday is fairly biblical isn’t it?

D4C39A13-BA9F-4347-A73D-A299147DF97C.jpeg

D8FD146C-438A-4C56-BB31-0F782822A2A8.png

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

AccuWeather has the full festival in view now. Perhaps the temps are a bit cool, but doable. Bit of rain but none on Wednesday crucially, so not too bad.

Would take it personally. I know it’s all rubbish at this stage, but it ain’t that long before this thread becomes properly relevant and my excitement levels ratchet up a few levels:

D4C39A13-BA9F-4347-A73D-A299147DF97C.jpeg

D8FD146C-438A-4C56-BB31-0F782822A2A8.png

7.6mm seems like a lot! 

I'm surprised this thread isn't busier tbh 

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The weather changes daily. Even my usual trusty site is showing a wet weekend now. 

I’m putting all the blame on @steviewevie

2C75EC8C-697C-4E70-B9EF-2988F5B8AC29.thumb.jpeg.0ac683b53fdb4b3e3da11b9304fd960c.jpeg

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if it's going to r*** at glastonbury then Thursday evening is the best time.  A good storm like 2009 or short downpour like 2013 is enough of a sacrifice to whichever norse god is responsible for this stuff.  I don't want it when I'm pitching up and dragging my shit through the site, I don't want it when I'm packing it down and I'd rather not be dealing with it while the music's on.

10 hours ago, rosieangel said:

7.6mm seems like a lot! 

I'm surprised this thread isn't busier tbh 

I think people are so pleased just to be going maybe they aren’t worried about the weather 😀 2019 thread had over 300 pages but to be fair a lot of that was A roller coaster forecast the 2 weeks beforehand so plenty of time yet to get obsessed. 

14 hours ago, Spindles said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if it's going to r*** at glastonbury then Thursday evening is the best time.  A good storm like 2009 or short downpour like 2013 is enough of a sacrifice to whichever norse god is responsible for this stuff.  I don't want it when I'm pitching up and dragging my shit through the site, I don't want it when I'm packing it down and I'd rather not be dealing with it while the music's on.

With the proviso that temperatures are warm enough that it dries out quickly. In 2013 by second act on Friday it was drying out! 

• Upvote 1

On 5/14/2022 at 1:33 AM, sedra said:

I think people are so pleased just to be going maybe they aren’t worried about the weather 😀 2019 thread had over 300 pages but to be fair a lot of that was A roller coaster forecast the 2 weeks beforehand so plenty of time yet to get obsessed. 

I seem to remember catching up on the weekend's thread at work one Monday and somehow it reached something like twenty pages 😂

40 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

Damn right.  And at this point in 2019, The Weather Thread was only on page 20 so things are going to pop off when people start posting graphs, charts and tables

Oh interesting 🙂 in my mind it was earlier..serves me right for trying to remember posting on a thread three years ago 😅