The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

1 minute ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Where's that madman Jackone and his predictions or that weather witch Everton Fox.

Usually about this time we're hanging on their every word

I prefer gavs weather videos on youtube these days 

Usually about this time of the year either The Sun or the Daily Star will have a front page saying something like 'UK set for a sizzling summer' with a pic of people on a beach and a thermometer showing 30 degrees shortly before a soggy summer with about two weeks of good weather materialises!

1 hour ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Where's that madman Jackone and his predictions or that weather witch Everton Fox.

Usually about this time we're hanging on their every word

There's a distinct lack of ensembles round these parts

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Usually about this time of the year either The Sun or the Daily Star will have a front page saying something like 'UK set for a sizzling summer' with a pic of people on a beach and a thermometer showing 30 degrees shortly before a soggy summer with about two weeks of good weather materialises!

Daily Express already on the case with the morons of Nathan Roa and Exacta Weather 

The weather charts start coming to play as of 6th June, the farthest they go is 16 days ahead.

That’s when the rollercoaster really begins. Possibly my favourite thread every festival.

Any website showing weather beyond the above is purely based on seasonal averages and guesswork.

9 hours ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

It was toilet. I can't remember a Glastonbury where I've just stood getting soaked during so many performances. 

2011 maybe? Warpaint - Big Audio Dynamite - Radiohead - U2 was almost pure rain.

Yep. 2011 was wetter than an otters pocket.  Think the Sunday was nice though?

5 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Yep. 2011 was wetter than an otters pocket.  Think the Sunday was nice though?

Saturday was nice, it fucked it down all night and it looked like the somme over where we were camped (Dairy) but by the time Elbow came on for subheadliner on the pyramid you could sit on relatively dry grass.  

2 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Saturday was nice, it fucked it down all night and it looked like the somme over where we were camped (Dairy) but by the time Elbow came on for subheadliner on the pyramid you could sit on relatively dry grass.  

Yep, remember that now. Elbow in the sunshine, Guy with mud all over his jeans. We were in Dairy too and the main path by the hedgerow was dangerously slippy. Mad contrast to Thurs/Fri which felt like the apocalypse.

20 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Two week heatwave beginning tomorrow with 25 expected in London next Thursday 👀

On 5/4/2022 at 2:04 PM, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

This hot/dry weather is beginning to get me a little worried....when do we ever have 3 months of dry weather in a row!?

2018 we pretty much did. It was the fallow year and it would have been a scorcher. From about May until Mid July it was boiling every day. We went on holiday to Somerset and I had to ask on a local Facebook group where you could walk dogs in shade. 

24 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

2018 we pretty much did. It was the fallow year and it would have been a scorcher. From about May until Mid July it was boiling every day. We went on holiday to Somerset and I had to ask on a local Facebook group where you could walk dogs in shade. 

Yep agreed. 

I went to Truck Festival that year 19th-22nd July,  and we hadn't seen a drop of rain for about three months....all was fine tthen on the Friday night during De La Soul it absolutely chucked it down for a good hour or so....so bad the main stage was pretty much empty as everyone hid in tents....felt sorry for them as they performed to virtually no one!

15 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Yep agreed. 

I went to Truck Festival that year 19th-22nd July,  and we hadn't seen a drop of rain for about three months....all was fine tthen on the Friday night during De La Soul it absolutely chucked it down for a good hour or so....so bad the main stage was pretty much empty as everyone hid in tents....felt sorry for them as they performed to virtually no one!

What bad luck!! I remember we kept having the conversation that if it was a Glastonbury year we'd have been worried every week about the continued good weather for that reason. We just kept thinking it can't last. 

20 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Yep agreed. 

I was in there for this and i was a bit worse for wear and the rain completely sent me under i had to retire to my tent to get myself together . . . 😬

2 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

I was in there for this and i was a bit worse for wear and the rain completely sent me under i had to retire to my tent to get myself together . . . 😬

ha! We initially ran into the barn then made a run for it to the dance tent...was in there for a while and thought it had stopped...went out to get a beer and use the toilet  and in front of me there was a guy spinning out on the floor with powder all over his nose (it turned out to be ketamine) and he kept trying to grab my legs.

The ice cream van people nearby got the paramedics...I think he lived to tell the tale!

I think shortly before De La Soul came on one of my friends said 'its going to chuck it down' as it went from being very, very hot (even for 9pm at night) to suddenly very cold and before we knew it the heavens had opened.

• Like 1