The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

13 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Would also take 2015 weather, yes there was quite a big downpour around 4-6PM (ish) Friday, but it dried up very quickly afterwards and only really threatened to rain for the rest of the weekend. 

Chucked it down on the Sunday morning that year as well mate.

Good info from the latest met office summer outlook. Loads of indepth stats and comparisons to the last 5 years weather in the link.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/binaries/content/assets/metofficegovuk/pdf/business/public-sector/civil-contingency/3moutlook-mjj-v2.pdf

A02C9B16-B199-4BCC-B4A5-B932E91F1291.thumb.jpeg.cb4d1d7f239b10b5cc546928da9688d4.jpeg

Edited by squirrelarmy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

2014 was pretty grim. Started nice, but plenty of rain and mud the rest of the weekend. I remember standing around in prolonged rain for quite a few acts, and stages shut down/were delayed because of lightning.

I remember that really well, I was at the Pyramid and you could see if coming towards the festival, the sky went really dark. When they shut down the stage and power, I ran to The Cornish Arms. They were still selling beer because they were using the casks. 

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Bit cold but still pretty tempted to stick

I almost posted the same forecast, it’s pretty much perfect. Definitely not too cold. The two cooler days are the ones where you’re also moving heavy gear across site. A light cooling breeze is perfect for that. 

25 degrees is perfect outdoor drinking weather, suncream will be needed for some and it won’t be oppressive heat inside the tents. 

There’s also just a touch of moisture in the air which will keep those who worry about dust happy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, al_coholic said:

I remember that really well, I was at the Pyramid and you could see if coming towards the festival, the sky went really dark. When they shut down the stage and power, I ran to The Cornish Arms. They were still selling beer because they were using the casks. 

It was toilet. I can't remember a Glastonbury where I've just stood getting soaked during so many performances. 

2011 maybe? Warpaint - Big Audio Dynamite - Radiohead - U2 was almost pure rain.

6 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

It was toilet. I can't remember a Glastonbury where I've just stood getting soaked during so many performances. 

2011 maybe? Warpaint - Big Audio Dynamite - Radiohead - U2 was almost pure rain.

In 2007 I don't remember seeing a performance that wasn't in the rain to be honest. 

44 minutes ago, Ingobernable said:

In 2007 I don't remember seeing a performance that wasn't in the rain to be honest. 

I saw The Beat in the Leftfield tent on the Thursday night, think that was the last dry moment I enjoyed that weekend!

15 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Chucked it down on the Sunday morning that year as well mate.

Can confirm. Remember because I put my back out getting dressed in my tent that morning, and trying to get around site without aggravating it where it got a bit slippy was a pain. Proper miserable Sunday morning bimble that was.

34 minutes ago, Quark said:

Can confirm. Remember because I put my back out getting dressed in my tent that morning, and trying to get around site without aggravating it where it got a bit slippy was a pain. Proper miserable Sunday morning bimble that was.

I can only recall as I went in a bit too heavy on the booze and narcs on the Saturday night during (and after) I had watched Leftfield in Silver Hayes and was really struggling to get going that morning...woke up to rain and decided to just lie there until it stopped which in hindsight worked well as by the time it had stopped I felt ok 'ish' again!

4 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I almost posted the same forecast, it’s pretty much perfect. Definitely not too cold. The two cooler days are the ones where you’re also moving heavy gear across site. A light cooling breeze is perfect for that. 

25 degrees is perfect outdoor drinking weather, suncream will be needed for some and it won’t be oppressive heat inside the tents. 

There’s also just a touch of moisture in the air which will keep those who worry about dust happy. 

18max, 12min, 75% cloud cover, no rain, gentle breeze.

21 hours ago, tumbles said:

Haha maybe I’m thinking of 2013 then 🤣

2013 was really nice! It was my first time and I seem to recall HMS Sweet Charity being a bit muddy inside it on the Thursday night but by the Sunday it was very dry and really sunny across the site. 

28 minutes ago, rlandy95 said:

AccuWeather have a different picture from others, and it scares me greatly 😰

I’d have more faith in accuweathers storm predictions if they had hotter weather leading up to it. I know you can get thunder in cool weather but they are more likely after a period of heat. 

56 minutes ago, rosieangel said:

2013 was really nice! It was my first time and I seem to recall HMS Sweet Charity being a bit muddy inside it on the Thursday night but by the Sunday it was very dry and really sunny across the site. 

2013 rained heavily a couple of times on the Thursday, once in the afternoon and again in the evening but that was it.