The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Well,  Here is May's long range forecast hot off the press.  Once I receive June, you folk will be the first to know.

Overview
A ridge of high pressure is expected to extend from the Atlantic across southern parts of the UK during early May bringing largely dry conditions across much of England and Wales. From mid-May, high pressure could become centred to the west of the UK resulting in a north-westerly airflow with showers at times, though still plenty of dry weather, especially for the west and south. Occasional areas of low pressure moving around the periphery of the high could bring some rain but there are no strong signals for prolonged wet weather. Forecast confidence at these lead times is low.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jay Pee said:

Well,  Here is May's long range forecast hot off the press.  Once I receive June, you folk will be the first to know.

Overview
A ridge of high pressure is expected to extend from the Atlantic across southern parts of the UK during early May bringing largely dry conditions across much of England and Wales. From mid-May, high pressure could become centred to the west of the UK resulting in a north-westerly airflow with showers at times, though still plenty of dry weather, especially for the west and south. Occasional areas of low pressure moving around the periphery of the high could bring some rain but there are no strong signals for prolonged wet weather. Forecast confidence at these lead times is low.

I'm actually a little worried at how little rain we've had. Don't want the ground to be rock hard. A few showery days in May/ early June would be fine. 

46 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I'm actually a little worried at how little rain we've had. Don't want the ground to be rock hard. A few showery days in May/ early June would be fine. 

Yep, feeling the same here.  the ground is rock hard already and we really need some precipitation as we are already starting to use the D word at work (drought).  Its insanity the weather.  Feast or Famine.  We had three named storms in a week in Feb and its barely rained since.

A little and often between now and mid June is the wish from me

15 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Yep, feeling the same here.  the ground is rock hard already and we really need some precipitation as we are already starting to use the D word at work (drought).  Its insanity the weather.  Feast or Famine.  We had three named storms in a week in Feb and its barely rained since.

Yes that's what we have to hope for. 

32 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Looks like Sunday should be a bit moist in Somersetshire. 

7 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I'm doing BoomTown this year so of it's looking like rock hard ground I'll invest in those hard ground tent pegs someone told me to buy.

Don't forget your peg mallet. I did one year and ended up destroying the palms of my hands. It looked like I had some crazy stigmata all weekend. 

9 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I'm doing BoomTown this year so of it's looking like rock hard ground I'll invest in those hard ground tent pegs someone told me to buy.

Bring back the pegs made out of potato.  As much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Gulf Stream, Ensembles, CFS, Azores Fingering, etc.  Man, I've missed this.

Anyway - check the signature below for my opinion.  As a slightly overweight guy, with damaged knees and who is approaching 50, I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO TRUDGE THROUGH THICK MUD THANK YOU!

On 4/29/2022 at 4:36 PM, 4AssedMonkey said:

Gulf Stream, Ensembles, CFS, Azores Fingering, etc.  Man, I've missed this.

Anyway - check the signature below for my opinion.  As a slightly overweight guy, with damaged knees and who is approaching 50, I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO TRUDGE THROUGH THICK MUD THANK YOU!

This year I have even more invested in a dry( but not too hot) year as have become a bit incapacitated by osteoarthritis in my hip so not sure I could manage a muddy one. Have even splashed out ( no pun intended) on a Bellepad in Sticklinch so I don’t have to trudge through the fields to pitch the tent or up a hill! 
even an overcast or slightly damp one would work but full on 2007 and I shall be tent bound 😐

For the first time in my life I woke today and thought that’s nice the garden has had a bit of the r word …. ( first  time I’ve had my own garden ) However if it lasts much more than 2 weeks I shall be getting nervous 😬 

Edited by crazyfool1

To celebrate May day madness here is the first and true weather report from the ground in Pilton at 12.58 today. it was 15.5 degrees with 87% humidity . The RAM jam jar has insufficient moisture to measure, maybe 2mm at most. Slight breeze but not enough to make Miss Pat, the weather vane moooove.

20220501_124817.jpg

• Like 9
  • Upvote 24

5 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

To celebrate May day madness here is the first and true weather report from the ground in Pilton at 12.58 today. it was 15.5 degrees with 87% humidity . The RAM jam jar has insufficient moisture to measure, maybe 2mm at most. Slight breeze but not enough to make Miss Pat, the weather vane moooove.

20220501_124817.jpg

Lovely, the go to forecast for the next two months. I trust you indulged in the traditional washing your face in the morning dew on the morning of May 1st. It’s all part of the folklore but I’d be careful if the Eavis cows are still on the fields