The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

2 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Tell that to the family of the mother and child who died from a falling tree the other week.

Yes that is a tragedy, but thats an extreme exception; for most it certainly won't be that bad.

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ffs get a grip or the elderly or vulnerable , those with medical needs … those whose businesses and livelihoods can get ruined 

Yeah, I'm fine with those people being worried, not saying we can't make exceptions. I'm just laughing at all the nerds in panic mode because it's a bit wet and windy outside. Y'all are acting as if we've got a hurricane coming 🙃

Anyway, I'm not some tabloid reader so pls stop with the sensationalism 😂😂😂

23 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Homeshop update ..  one of our drivers has just returned to store … a tree blew down in front of her …  she then was driving down motorway and was blown across 3 lanes … she made the sensible call to return to store at the next junction … why this has been left to driver discretion is beyond me … I’ve been raging at my bosses today … the poor girl was shaking like a leaf … decision should have been made at a higher level that we cancelled or delayed todays delivery’s … like Tesco have done 

That’s disgraceful that they would risk someone’s life just so someone can get a home delivery of groceries. Clear instructions should have been issued to delay deliveries until it was safe to go on the road. Customers would surely understand. These vans don’t look the most stable of vehicles either. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s disgraceful that they would risk someone’s life just so someone can get a home delivery of groceries. Clear instructions should have been issued to delay deliveries until it was safe to go on the road. Customers would surely understand. These vans don’t look the most stable of vehicles either. 

We had 15 vans go out today … sails on wheels would be an apt description… I’ve asked for an email of our ops manager for home shop … I just hope both the morning loads and afternoon ones all return safely to store 

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Panic stations because there’s a risk of losing ones hat in London. 

So far this “storm” is nothing but a load of warm/cold air. 

The previous storms this year and earlier this week have been far more severe and damaging but they didn’t get the same level of coverage probably because it didn’t affect those precious souls in the SE. 

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

Out near Timsbury / radstock

They reckon power back this evening

i used to live out that way i used to live in paulton.

i love the footpath sign at the mini roundabout in radstock, its my name, there's a bounty to deliver it to me. 🙂 

Edited by Neil