Glamping 2022

Glast0baby

For medical reasons I am considering paying for glamping for the first time.  I missed the resale of Worthy View/sticklinch in Sept and wondered if anyone knows if there will be another opportunity to book.  Also, has anyone experienced the commercial providers (tangerine, love, etc). Would you recommend? It's so much money I'm really paralysed by decision making.  Thanks!

I stayed at Love Fields one year due to not getting tickets, so bought one of their accommodation + ticket packages. The location is incredible compared to all the other glamping options (which I researched extensively at the time) many of which are miles and miles away. It’s literally right by Gate C, so depending on where you spend your time you’re closer to many parts than some of the campsites are anyway. Tons of showers too with no queues.

I’d never do it out or choice if I had a ticket, but I have to say it’s location and the ability to have a shower every day, drive right up to your tent to unpack etc. (meaning you don’t have to worry about what you bring and can bring enough booze to easily last the whole weekend) was very nice indeed. 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

8 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I stayed at Love Fields one year due to not getting tickets, so bought one of their accommodation + ticket packages. The location is incredible compared to all the other glamping options (which I researched extensively at the time) many of which are miles and miles away. It’s literally right by Gate C, so depending on where you spend your time you’re closer to many parts than some of the campsites are anyway. Tons of showers too with no queues.

I’d never do it out or choice if I had a ticket, but I have to say it’s location and the ability to have a shower every day, drive right up to your tent to unpack etc. (meaning you don’t have to worry about what you bring and can bring enough booze to easily last the whole weekend) was very nice indeed. 

I walked past that each day to the Shelter/Avalon Events campsite when I worked in 2019, was very very close to Ped Gate C!

Out of interest how much are their accom + ticket packages?

11 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I walked past that each day to the Shelter/Avalon Events campsite when I worked in 2019, was very very close to Ped Gate C!

Out of interest how much are their accom + ticket packages?

I know their starter price for a Yurt used to be £3600 - without a ticket. Bell Tents (unfurnished) start at £1200, and Pitch Your Own is £600!

On 1/30/2022 at 7:35 AM, vintagelaureate said:

I know their starter price for a Yurt used to be £3600 - without a ticket. Bell Tents (unfurnished) start at £1200, and Pitch Your Own is £600!

What about with ticket included? Can't find it on their site. 

Edited by blutarsky
typo

Prior to the 2019 festival they definitely advertised some last minute accommodation and ticket packages around end of May, they must’ve of got some tickets from the festival at the last minute.

I also know that some friends who failed to get tickets in the October 2019 sale were immediately in conversation with them about trying to get a ticket + accommodation package and they’d gone already. They put them on a waiting and have been in regular conversation with them since. I haven’t seen these friends for a while but last thing they said was that Love Fields had told them they didn’t know how many additional tickets they might get, if any, but they were still on their list.

tl;dr they would’ve been selling some ticket + accommodation packages immediately after the sale in 2019 but they all went straight away, they may end up with some more much closer to the time but there will be a big waiting list.

I went don’t a massive rabbit hole looking for places that did tickets when I didn’t get them in the main sale, think it was 2017.

There we’re definitely at least 5/6 places that did them but they just didn’t advertise it, I guess for obvious reasons. As local landowners they must all get a few tickets to keep them sweet and they use them to shift their accommodation where necessary. Most were prohibitively expensive, probably around the £4/5k mark on average.

I can’t find her details anymore, but I also ended up in contact with a lady who knew a handful of very local residents who had tickets and set up tents in their gardens and sold them to people. Some were even within the grounds of the festival and they’d even installed outdoor showers for people who stayed every year. These weren’t actually too expensive, but they were a bit flakey as they were waiting on various people to confirm they wanted them before committing.

48 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I went don’t a massive rabbit hole looking for places that did tickets when I didn’t get them in the main sale, think it was 2017.

There we’re definitely at least 5/6 places that did them but they just didn’t advertise it, I guess for obvious reasons. As local landowners they must all get a few tickets to keep them sweet and they use them to shift their accommodation where necessary. Most were prohibitively expensive, probably around the £4/5k mark on average.

I can’t find her details anymore, but I also ended up in contact with a lady who knew a handful of very local residents who had tickets and set up tents in their gardens and sold them to people. Some were even within the grounds of the festival and they’d even installed outdoor showers for people who stayed every year. These weren’t actually too expensive, but they were a bit flakey as they were waiting on various people to confirm they wanted them before committing.

I'd be interested in the details of the villagers! 

2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I'd be interested in the details of the villagers! 

Just searched through my emails and it was the people who run this site:

https://festivalsorted.co.uk

It doesn’t say anything about tickets on the website, but at the time they definitely had contacts for some that did. Bear in mind this was five years ago though, so that situation may well have changed, but no harm in asking them.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Just searched through my emails and it was the people who run this site:

https://festivalsorted.co.uk

It doesn’t say anything about tickets on the website, but at the time they definitely had contacts for some that did. Bear in mind this was five years ago though, so that situation may well have changed, but no harm in asking them.

Interesting....

About | Festival Sorted | Glastonbury Festival accommodation

Looks like they rent out their house and possibly use the fact they are residents to prize (buy) tickets off people who don't want to use them....be interesting to know what sort of profit they are making off them.

19 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Interesting....

About | Festival Sorted | Glastonbury Festival accommodation

Looks like they rent out their house and possibly use the fact they are residents to prize (buy) tickets off people who don't want to use them....be interesting to know what sort of profit they are making off them.

No mention of tickets on the website, it's just accommodation.  The site states:

Festival Sorted all about?

Festival Sorted has been set up to help cater for the needs of Glastonbury Festival ticket holders who are searching for off-site Glastonbury Festival accommodation and luxury Glamping accommodation with easy access to the Glastonbury Festival site.

Festival Sorted is based in Pilton: the village in which the Glastonbury festival is held every year. Our perfect location and festival experience, means that we have the knowledge to help!

7 minutes ago, Lycra said:

No mention of tickets on the website, it's just accommodation.  The site states:

Festival Sorted all about?

Festival Sorted has been set up to help cater for the needs of Glastonbury Festival ticket holders who are searching for off-site Glastonbury Festival accommodation and luxury Glamping accommodation with easy access to the Glastonbury Festival site.

Festival Sorted is based in Pilton: the village in which the Glastonbury festival is held every year. Our perfect location and festival experience, means that we have the knowledge to help!

Nobby Burton was saying if you email them they can usually source tickets for you....at a price.

46 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Nobby Burton was saying if you email them they can usually source tickets for you....at a price.

Missed that bit. Whilst a good idea it's also a bit historic and, from what he says, it didn't result in tickets being acquired.....Drastic measures are sometimes required though!

What actually happened was that immediately after the main sale for 2017 I went on a deep dive looking for tickets, the people running that site said they had a couple of locals who sold tickets plus glamping in their gardens, but at the time they couldn’t commit to selling me them because they were waiting on other people who might want them.

A few months later they got in contact to see if I was still interested as they had someone with availability, but I had subsequently committed to Love Fields, as that was the cheapest/best available out of all the options that actually had tickets. Bear in mind Love Fields didn’t advertise availability of tickets either, but they definitely had them as I booked them, and this was before the end of the year in 2016.

I think there are two things to consider here, all these tickets are given out by Glastonbury to keep these people sweet and enable them to make a bit of money every year if they want to, rather than piss them off and be subject to a load of noise complaints etc. it stands to reason none of them are going to actively advertise they have these tickets, in fact I’d be absolutely amazed if it wasn’t an explicit condition of receiving them that they definitely don’t, but the reality is if you do some digging they are definitely there. That site said exactly the same thing back in 2016 but they still knew of people that had them. I’d imagine Love Fields get the most tickets (hence being a bit cheaper) due to their proximity to the festival, basically slap bang in the middle of it. I’d imagine they could be the most awkward if they wanted to be.

The second thing to consider is the Festival has got more and more popular year on year, so these tickets get snapped up more quickly each time. I remember when I was looking for 2017 winding lake farm (https://www.windinglake.co.uk/home/festival-ticket/) did actively have them advertised for sale on their site (contrary to what I said above) along with various accommodation packages, you could just add them to your basket and pay (if you’re rich that is) but after the 2019 sale when my friends enquired with them, they had all gone already, and they only had a waiting list, same with Love fields.

I’d imagine they all just have a growing base of repeat customers who are happy to commit to the following year each time and not worry about going through the main sale, making availability more and more scarce.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

What actually happened was that immediately after the main sale for 2017 I went on a deep dive looking for tickets, the people running that site said they had a couple of locals who sold tickets plus glamping in their gardens, but at the time they couldn’t commit to selling me them because they were waiting on other people who might want them.

A few months later they got in contact to see if I was still interested as they had someone with availability, but I had subsequently committed to Love Fields, as that was the cheapest/best available out of all the options that actually had tickets. Bear in mind Love Fields didn’t advertise availability of tickets either, but they definitely had them as I booked them, and this was before the end of the year in 2016.

I think there are two things to consider here, all these tickets are given out by Glastonbury to keep these people sweet and enable them to make a bit of money every year if they want to, rather than piss them off and be subject to a load of noise complaints etc. it stands to reason none of them are going to actively advertise they have these tickets, in fact I’d be absolutely amazed if it wasn’t an explicit condition of receiving them that they definitely don’t, but the reality is if you do some digging they are definitely there. That site said exactly the same thing back in 2016 but they still knew of people that had them. I’d imagine Love Fields get the most tickets (hence being a bit cheaper) due to their proximity to the festival, basically slap bang in the middle of it. I’d imagine they could be the most awkward if they wanted to be.

The second thing to consider is the Festival has got more and more popular year on year, so these tickets get snapped up more quickly each time. I remember when I was looking for 2017 winding lake farm (https://www.windinglake.co.uk/home/festival-ticket/) did actively have them advertised for sale on their site (contrary to what I said above) along with various accommodation packages, you could just add them to your basket and pay (if you’re rich that is) but after the 2019 sale when my friends enquired with them, they had all gone already, and they only had a waiting list, same with Love fields.

I’d imagine they all just have a growing base of repeat customers who are happy to commit to the following year each time and not worry about going through the main sale, making availability more and more scarce.

Thanks for the explanation. 🙂 

• Upvote 1