Jump to content

CTM looking for workers for Glastonbury 2022


Paul ™
 Share

Recommended Posts

The time is finally upon us! We are very excited to announce that we will be opening up bookings for our traffic marshalling roles at Glastonbury Festival 2022 on the 8th of February! You will need a profile with us to be able to book shifts when the phone lines open in Feb, so if you are not registered with us, you can create a profile on our website: www.ctm.uk.com in the top right-hand corner.


Due to the volume of calls we receive for the event, our team operate a call-back system for Glastonbury. This means that you will call on the 8th to reserve your place in the queue. One of the team will call you back at a designated time to discuss the shift options with you and secure your place. You will have the opportunity to book a friend’s shifts for them, but they must also be registered with CTM.


This is a work opportunity and all shifts are paid hourly, but you will receive a wristband to the event and all shift patterns come with a day off to spend in the festival. 
Please be aware that we will require a deposit of £400 for this year’s festival. The deposit is fully refundable after the event, provided all shifts have been completed. More information on this is coming early next week on our website, keep an eye out.


For all our registered staff, as usual, Priority members will have access to booking a day earlier on Monday 7th February. Please check that your details are up to date on your profile before calling.

 

FB_IMG_1643170855679.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Ooh, now the resale crew face a choice...

 

15 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It’s a really tough decision and one I’ve been pondering for a few years now … I really don’t want to work on the only big holiday I take a year … But obviously want to be there … edit … almost definately not this with the shift requirements 

Edited by crazyfool1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Ooh, now the resale crew face a choice...

6 x 13 hour shifts though. Even paid, and with 1 of the music days off, that's a big ask compare to the ~24 hours total that volunteer roles typically require.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wonder how many people disappear after getting their wristband & consider loss of their £400 deposit an acceptable cost to get into the festival? 

Obviously they'd be blacklisted from ever working for CTM again, but I can definitely see some being tempted... 

Edited by jimmillen
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Depends how you frame it. 

If really desperate and skint. 1/3 of the music days gauranteed free entry. And the other 2 days you could manage 4/5  hours. Sorted camping and walk away with 780quid plus deposit back.

Theres worse out there. But yeah probably not for someone who needs every moment of the festival.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

If i was desperate id pay £400, disappear an change my phone number lol

They tend to take your ID off you at least the volunteering ones do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

If i was desperate id pay £400, disappear an change my phone number lol

I wouldn't be too sure.  When I worked for Stuart Security in '17, there was a guard at the entrance/exit to the camp making sure people weren't packing up their stuff to do a runner.  Any person they suspected (or missed a shift) would have their wristband cut off and escorted off site.

To be fair, they had a lot of people run off. Even by wednesday night / thursday morning the team leaders were apoplectic with the amount of people that jibbed it off.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, gfa said:

They tend to take your ID off you at least the volunteering ones do

Hmm. Taking peoples IDs is a red flag for modern slavery. Shelter just took a photo of our ID. If you bunked off your photo would end up on the wall of shame/wanted board at the entry to the crew campsite. I used my passport. I'm not handing that over for keeping to anybody except Border Force.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I wouldn't be too sure.  When I worked for Stuart Security in '17, there was a guard at the entrance/exit to the camp making sure people weren't packing up their stuff to do a runner.  Any person they suspected (or missed a shift) would have their wristband cut off and escorted off site.

To be fair, they had a lot of people run off. Even by wednesday night / thursday morning the team leaders were apoplectic with the amount of people that jibbed it off.

 

Once you're already £400 out for the deposit, adding a cheapo tent to sacrifice and walking out just in the clothes you're standing up in doesn't seem too bad... 😂

47 minutes ago, gfa said:

They tend to take your ID off you at least the volunteering ones do

This OTOH would pretty much solve the problem, I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Taking peoples IDs is a red flag for modern slavery.

4 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

This OTOH would pretty much solve the problem, I guess.

I was thinking about this as I can't imagine they'd have the right to keep it even if you do fail to do your shifts. I can't imagine they could do anything legally other than keeping your deposit? Although perhaps it's different for a paid role vs. volunteering.

Edited by compactdisc
removing white space
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do feel sometimes these organisations providing parking or security seem to lead in with the 'free wristband' etc to make it seem its something its not....when you look at the details then its quite a lot of work over the actual festival.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Hmm. Taking peoples IDs is a red flag for modern slavery. Shelter just took a photo of our ID. If you bunked off your photo would end up on the wall of shame/wanted board at the entry to the crew campsite. I used my passport. I'm not handing that over for keeping to anybody except Border Force.

IIRC, all the orgs I've volunteered for do this (as in photocopy your id). Never had anyone ask to keep my ID.

2 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Once you're already £400 out for the deposit, adding a cheapo tent to sacrifice and walking out just in the clothes you're standing up in doesn't seem too bad... 😂

Depends on your morals and how comfortable you are with abandoning your stuff at the camp, your fellow volunteers, organisation you're volunteering for and being blacklisted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shame people can be such dicks i suppose by not fulfilling what they sign up to as the knock on effect is more graft  / longer hours / a tougher ride for the people that do have more integrity.

As for volunteers that do one, there is a special place in hell for them.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Shame people can be such dicks i suppose by not fulfilling what they sign up to as the knock on effect is more graft  / longer hours / a tougher ride for the people that do have more integrity.

As for volunteers that do one, there is a special place in hell for them.

2019  we had nearly 40 people run off from Shelter/Avalon events campsite before the festival had started.

10 of them were supposed to be doing the same shifts as me on the Stonebridge bar, made things quite hectic being that many people down (they eventually drafted in more servers from other bars to help)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

2019  we had nearly 40 people run off from Shelter/Avalon events campsite before the festival had started.

10 of them were supposed to be doing the same shifts as me on the Stonebridge bar, made things quite hectic being that many people down (they eventually drafted in more servers from other bars to help)

Jeezo, I knew there would have always been a couple to do a runner, but that many?! Do they just abandon their tents in the crew camping?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Jeezo, I knew there would have always been a couple to do a runner, but that many?! Do they just abandon their tents in the crew camping?

Yep, I think the tactic was to bring minimal stuff with them and give the main part of their luggage to someone else who's going into the festival on a general admission ticket. 

We set up on the Tuesday afternoon then when then the gates opened up on the Weds am, I think think they just went in and were never to be seen again. (our camp was just outside Ped gate C)

When I came back from my first shift on the Weds evening we had our wristband RFID number checked as they had a list of people who had taken wristbands but had then failed to show up for their shift. Blacklisted so they won't work for the charity again and didn't get their £300 deposit back either.

Guess some people see that as worth it.

Edited by gooner1990
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gfa said:

They tend to take your ID off you at least the volunteering ones do

The only organisation I'm aware of doing this is Festaff. One of several reasons I'm not a fan of theirs.

In terms of people running off, photos are circulated, and there are security staff dedicated to scanning crowds looking for them. I've no idea what the hit rate is, but I know for certain it's not 0% as I'm aware of someone who got picked up a few years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Blacklisted so they won't work for the charity again and didn't get their £300 deposit back either.

Guess some people see that as worth it.

Also worth mentioning that blacklists are reported back to the festival and kept centrally so getting blacklisted by one crew will likely torpedo any chances of getting accepted by another.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...