Coach ticket conundrum

upshitcreek

5 minutes ago, tarw said:

I’m 59 and still see the sunrise from the temple at least once during the weekend 

My point was more specifically to the Sunday night and then packing up and going home with no sleep, not going on an all nighter earlier in the festival. 🙂 

If SEE really wanted to tighten it up they could have a rep stood at the coach door with all the tickets once you arrive on site and check names off against ID but that would cause too much mayhem at a point when everyone is shuffling about with bags etc so its much easier for them to have the driver do it en route at a service station.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I know you can't actually buy a car parking ticket if you have a coach ticket against your reg number. Not sure if that's the same for camper vans too.

Surely this would be quite easy to get around by getting someone on here to book it for you / people you know with standard tickets

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

My point was more specifically to the Sunday night and then packing up and going home with no sleep, not going on an all nighter earlier in the festival. 🙂 

The key is to pack up during the day on Sunday. Then live the dream Sunday night. 🥳

Edited by vintagelaureate

17 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

The key is to pack up during the day on Sunday. Then live the dream Sunday night. 🥳

I think the problem I have is when the 'dream' starts becoming a horrible nightmare when I'm coming down on a coach and I've still not slept.  Always feel I need at least a couple of hours for my brain to 'reset' before doing something like travelling home after a 5 day bender.

10 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I think the problem I have is when the 'dream' starts becoming a horrible nightmare when I'm coming down on a coach and I've still not slept.  Always feel I need at least a couple of hours for my brain to 'reset' before doing something like travelling home after a 5 day bender.

It could be worse... I've had to drive home immediately on the Sunday night and be in work for 8am Monday the last two festivals! 😂

1 hour ago, TiZuff said:

ive been on the coach 3 times and honestly i think it just depends on the driver. once i had them given outside before we got in (so as you got on the coach), once at the first services and once at the second stop.

Same for me. I've done it four times and every time they give tickets to the lead booker, but it could be at any point in the journey.

2 hours ago, BlackZeppelin said:

We've got 6 coach tickets for this year , for the Thursday from Bath.

First time with coach tickets,  so wondering if anyone would know approximately when the coaches leave?

Obviously,  losing a day already, we want to get there as early as possible.

I last time I went was coach tickets from Reading, and we didn’t leave until 2 or 3pm Thursday so missed the entire daytime as well. Luckily our friend had put our tent up for us and taken our booze. 

To the other points everyone individually got their tickets, not just the lead Booker getting everyones

Just now, Old_Johno said:

I last time I went was coach tickets from Reading, and we didn’t leave until 2 or 3pm Thursday so missed the entire daytime as well. Luckily our friend had put our tent up for us and taken our booze. 

To the other points everyone individually got their tickets, not just the lead Booker getting everyones

Well that would be a tad disappointing if its as late as that.

Mind you, not complaining. 

Better to arrive late than not at all.

1 minute ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Well that would be a tad disappointing if its as late as that.

Mind you, not complaining. 

Better to arrive late than not at all.

I don't really get why they have late coaches on the Thursday as the traffic coming into the site has already quietened down significantly. 

You've basically missed the first two days of the festival once you're on site at 7pm or something!

3 hours ago, stuie said:

Is your coach on Wednesday?  If so, could you drive your van down on Tuesday and go home and get the coach?

That's easy! Closing set at Block 9, pack up your stuff and go to get the coach! 🙂

Even easier - pack up your stuff on Sunday morning, put in the lockup, dance all night +/- sunrise at SC, pick up stuff from lockup, yomp to PGA. Magical.

Ben

• Like 1

7 hours ago, upshitcreek said:

HI All, 

My self and 5 lucky pals where lucky enough to secure coach tickets way back when. Since then we've had a little lad who we want to bring with us along with our 5 year old. As this is going to change our festival somewhat, and are lucky enough to own a campervan, I'm toying with the idea of getting a Love Fields pitch to allow us an easier ride with the kids. 

The obvious issue is we don't get our tickets until were on the coach, and then id need to get the van down there. I'm aware this is defeating the object of the coach ticket, but things change in however many years its been. Last time i got on the coach (i think 2016) the tickets where given out to the lead booker with all the tickets in an envelope. Does anyone know if that's the same situation every year, as in theory this would leave myself able to drive the van down with the kids and meet the rest of the group down there.

any help or opinions appreciated

For me, it usually happens much nearer to the festival, sometimes at services, sometimes in traffic or en-route.

4 of us took the See tickets coach from Reading in 2019. The driver took one stop in a lay-by near Stonehenge and handed out all the tickets in envelopes based on names and showing ID.

There was an interesting group of characters who were desperate to collect their tickets from Reading and not board the coach so they could travel down with their mates who had GA. The driver flat out refused but didn’t stop the car from convoying down with the coach, stop at the same lay-by. Needless to say once the tickets were handed out, the coach ticket holders buggered off.

7 hours ago, stuie said:

Is your coach on Wednesday?  If so, could you drive your van down on Tuesday and go home and get the coach?

That's easy! Closing set at Block 9, pack up your stuff and go to get the coach! 🙂

That's not a bad shout, we've got the coach at Manchester on the Wednesday bit of a ball ache but needs must i suppose. Ill have to find out when love fields open as i recon id struggle picking a camper ticket up at this stage!

5 hours ago, The Nal said:

Park in Love Fields on Tuesday and then walk around to the coach at Gate A (assuming you've a Wednesday coach?) and collect your tickets when the coach arrives. You'll have to guess the time obviously. 

Ive done it before from the campervan field. Lovely walk actually.

This is probably the way im going to go, ill have to email Love FIelds and make sure i can get on site without an official ticket in hand, the rest of the group will be going via coach so can keep me up to date on arrival time. just means ill take the kids on my own Tuesday and catch up with everyone Wednesday. 

Anyone know of any official site campervan tickets for sale......?

5 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I don't really get why they have late coaches on the Thursday as the traffic coming into the site has already quietened down significantly. 

You've basically missed the first two days of the festival once you're on site at 7pm or something!

Was annoying, if we hadn’t had someone put our tent up for us we’d have basically been camping in the car park.

Coach was good fun though, did some face painting, chatted to a few people. I’d definitely consider it again, but only if someone else could take the rest of my stuff 

5 hours ago, vardyvarvar said:

4 of us took the See tickets coach from Reading in 2019. The driver took one stop in a lay-by near Stonehenge and handed out all the tickets in envelopes based on names and showing ID.

There was an interesting group of characters who were desperate to collect their tickets from Reading and not board the coach so they could travel down with their mates who had GA. The driver flat out refused but didn’t stop the car from convoying down with the coach, stop at the same lay-by. Needless to say once the tickets were handed out, the coach ticket holders buggered off.

That’s pretty odd behaviour!

would have just thought it would be easier to meet on site and then go back home with the GA ticket holding driver on the Monday.

26 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

That’s pretty odd behaviour!

would have just thought it would be easier to meet on site and then go back home with the GA ticket holding driver on the Monday.

Maybe they had a precious cargo. One which the driver didn’t want to be caught with on behalf of all of his mates 😂