Connect Festival

kingcrawler

Listening to chemical brothers, and checked my email. It must be a sign.

I've got a spare room but wrong side of Edinburgh. Shame tram won't be finished by August -at the moment I can't even get my car near my house and even pedestrian access is not a given!!

4 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Where do we reckon the best place to stay for this is? Out torwards the airport? Will the tram be functional for getting to/from? 

They have some ticket packages with some hotels right at the airport but they're pretty expensive, though I suppose Edinburgh in August always is. It looks like the last tram from Ingliston leaves at 23:09, which might be cutting it fine after the headliners as it seems like the curfew is 11. Someone local might have a better idea but I'd be surprised if there aren't buses from the airport into the city centre at that time too.

16 hours ago, Memory Man said:

On reflection, they could have called this all points east scotland, as thats basically what it is.

all points north? 

that might come about one day as the guy running ape is a scot the guy who started rockness.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

They have some ticket packages with some hotels right at the airport but they're pretty expensive, though I suppose Edinburgh in August always is. It looks like the last tram from Ingliston leaves at 23:09, which might be cutting it fine after the headliners as it seems like the curfew is 11. Someone local might have a better idea but I'd be surprised if there aren't buses from the airport into the city centre at that time too.

Cheers. Found some airbnbs out towards the airport way so might just walk or taxi it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Checking reviews of other events held there I've not seen any mention of complaints about noise from the airport - some of the events were the likes of Scotfest that included music, and others involved camping.  I'd have expected at least someone to mention unwanted noise if it was an issue.  So, fingers crossed it's all good.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shame about Massive Attack pulling out but I was expecting that to happen after they pulled out of their earlier dates. Idles seem a strange replacement for that day given it's mostly electronic acts. I still haven't bought a ticket yet, definitely going to go on Sunday but waiting for more acts before deciding on the other two days.

• 2 months later...

Getting plenty of efests ads about this 🙂 . Nobody I know is that bothered.  It's like they've got the blend of acts on each day slightly wrong or something.  I know Primavera preplaced Massive Attack with Idles but it's not an intuitive substitution.  Not sure Idles are very "big" in Scotland at all.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Artificial Energy said:

Bump!

Am I the only person going to this?

Nope.  I'm going, and can't wait for it!

I know of a few others that are going all weekend and a whole raft of folk going just on the Saturday too.

On 8/2/2022 at 5:25 PM, merago said:

Capacity is apparently 15,000 (although the arena part alone of the venue itself can accomodate more than double that according to the Royal Highland Center's website).  DF haven't really said how ticket sales have been.

Surely its more than this, 15k should have the sat/sun sold out i’d have thought

I seem to remember  it was about 30k capacity when it was announced but I can’t seem to find any evidence! 

I’ve got RATM tickets but been holding off for cheap/free tickets for connect itself as I’ve seen most of the acts in the last year or so (Latitude 2021, Primavera/Glastonbury 2022). 
I think a lot of people who love any of these bands will have seen them somewhere else. I think this festival has been totally misjudged which is a real shame. 

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, mark_87 said:

https://form.jotform.com/222363419254959?fbclid=IwAR0TLQTMnN6MeceGBKbmQ8bQWxT3Tw77ECsfG2ElV05CD295ukLxzDbcS94

10 pairs of Friday tickers to win if anyone is interested... not selling well?

I think Friday has always been the weakest day and Massive Attack dropping out didn't help. Idles are big act these days but also pretty easy to see and there isn't really much crossover with them and the rest of the acts playing, so I'm not too surprised it's struggling. I wonder if this will be like some previous DF competitions where everyone seems to win to fill the place out a bit more? Hopefully the other two days have sold well enough, I'm only going on Sunday but having this every year would be a great addition to the summer events we have up here.

I won tickets through the Gigs in Scotland comp for tonight. Really excited to see Idles and Jon Hopkins again but looking at the line up before them, it's no wonder the day didn't sell well. Considering it isn't a holiday today, I bet the site is very quiet until about 4/5pm at least.