Connect Festival

kingcrawler

5 minutes ago, pothead pixie said:

I always thought that Connect was a smaller Capacity of 20,000 it was Electric Picnic across the water that had 35,000 capacity, in both 2007 and 2008 The Picnic and Connect traded acts although we got LCD Soundsystem, Iggy Pop & the Stooges, Sonic Youth in 2007 as well but a lot of the lineup was identical.  Is Connect going to be on the same early September dates?

It's the 26th to 28th August so definitely possible that there will be some crossover between the two festivals

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

It's the 26th to 28th August so definitely possible that there will be some crossover between the two festivals

A lineup that takes bits from Electric Picnic, All Points East, Green Man and End of the Road has the potential to be excellent. DF can be a bit hit and miss with their bookings sometimes but I'm quite hopeful that this will be pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't like very camping friendly.

Yeah I agree, the email they sent out talks about public transport which doesn’t exactly imply camping. I suppose we’ll know more on Wednesday.

“Connect Music Festival 2022 will take place at The Royal Highland Centre Edinburgh from 26-28 August 2022. 

Bringing you the very best in live music, from international acts to local heroes, from grassroots to global, we’re building a festival that gives you so much to discover. But Connect is more than music. It’s music wrapped in outstanding experiences – comedy, spoken word, debate, visual arts and more. Plus we’ll have exceptional food and drink from local talent and big-name Scottish chefs.  

We’ve chosen The Royal Highland Centre as our home for Connect 2022. That makes us easy to reach by public transport, so as many of you as possible have the opportunity to experience and immerse yourself in this unique and extraordinary celebration of music and the arts.”

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I agree, the email they sent out talks about public transport which doesn’t exactly imply camping. I suppose we’ll know more on Wednesday.

“Connect Music Festival 2022 will take place at The Royal Highland Centre Edinburgh from 26-28 August 2022. 

Bringing you the very best in live music, from international acts to local heroes, from grassroots to global, we’re building a festival that gives you so much to discover. But Connect is more than music. It’s music wrapped in outstanding experiences – comedy, spoken word, debate, visual arts and more. Plus we’ll have exceptional food and drink from local talent and big-name Scottish chefs.  

We’ve chosen The Royal Highland Centre as our home for Connect 2022. That makes us easy to reach by public transport, so as many of you as possible have the opportunity to experience and immerse yourself in this unique and extraordinary celebration of music and the arts.”

Cool, sounds like it'll be more like summer sessions then.

Line up getting announced on Wednesday. It won’t be traditional camping event but there will be some glamping sites.

already got tickets for victorious that weekend so I’m hoping this line up doesn’t tempt me too much 🤣  guess it could go either way, Arctic monkeys are free 1 day with reading/Leeds the same weekend, could be extension of them similar to the old gig on the green, or could be a dance fest… who knows 

15 hours ago, Sam C96 said:

Looks like this is going to be a Scottish creamfields. Same weekend as the (real creamfields) and a teaser poster with David Guetta and Alesso on it! 

Exciting times it’s been to long since we had this! 

Or it will be like a summer sessions so maybe just one day dance who knows

That's just a gigs in Scotland promotion didn't say anything about being linked to connect festival. That gig is likely to be a Calvin Harris summer sessions show