Connect Festival

kingcrawler

I’m sure there was a thread for this but it seems to have been lost during the forum issues recently. 

Has anyone heard anything about this since then? I noticed they’ve been advertising a lot recently and they seem to be starting to promote it a bit more on social media, so I’m expecting an announcement in the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I’m sure there was a thread for this but it seems to have been lost during the forum issues recently. 

i think there was, byut i don't think it was within the old-ish backup that was restored, sorry about the lost posts its not possible to take a constant backup.

Already got tickets for victorious that weekend but I’m waiting on this line up announcement to see if a swap is on the cards for us.  Have they even announced the location yet?  I went to one of the original connects at inveraray and was a cracking fest, manics, sparks, nick cave, mark lanegan, frame, bloc party to name a few.  Sure it’s DF concerts running it, they have deep pockets so expecting some big names 👍

6 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

I reckon it'll be a camping festival. Geoff Ellis definitely said not long ago there was room for another one.

Brilliant, scotland has really missed out on having a big camping festival since T in the park ended. I'll definitely try make it to this provided the lineup is good

4 hours ago, timeforheroes said:

Ha indeed it was but I think it was the first time I was prepared for the conditions.. 

I wasn't..

In 30 years of festivals it was the only one I've been robbed. That was me travelling all the night before, then downing a bottle of whiskey. Left all my money in eyesight in tent as I slept, rather than bottom of sleeping bag. 🤣

Worth it for Bjork though. 

Edited by thetime

13 hours ago, thetime said:

I wasn't..

In 30 years of festivals it was the only one I've been robbed. That was me travelling all the night before, then downing a bottle of whiskey. Left all my money in eyesight in tent as I slept, rather than bottom of sleeping bag. 🤣

Worth it for Bjork though. 

Ah man that's awful and disappointing to hear. Beasties the highlight for me. And first time outside of glasto the food was great, think I've just blanked out the weather, the journey up etc..

I went to both 2007 and 2008 - enjoyed both massively (apart from the rain, mud etc.....amongst some of the worst Ive ever experienced).

Ive not heard anything more either (apart from the wistful videos posted the other day) - I did wonder if they might stage it at the old TiTP site (Balado in Kinross...most defo NOT Strathallan where TiTP died essentially) - I know there well documented reasons of pipelines and such which forced the move to Strathallan (or some other reasons not ever really truly made public) - but I would hazard a guess that the audience size for a revamped connect would be significantly smaller than T at its height at Balado (which memory serves was about 85,000) - original connects were only something like 35,000

Anyway - looking forward to hearing more as its my Birthday weekend as well 🙂

Chemical Brothers could be a good shout, it’s hard to guess when we don’t know what the capacity will be but based on the previous lineups they’d be a good fit. I’m expecting a decent amount of crossover with All Points East, Green Man and End of the Road style acts, given who’s around I’m hoping The National are one of the headliners.

On 2/4/2022 at 2:22 PM, pauladam said:

I went to both 2007 and 2008 - enjoyed both massively (apart from the rain, mud etc.....amongst some of the worst Ive ever experienced).

Ive not heard anything more either (apart from the wistful videos posted the other day) - I did wonder if they might stage it at the old TiTP site (Balado in Kinross...most defo NOT Strathallan where TiTP died essentially) - I know there well documented reasons of pipelines and such which forced the move to Strathallan (or some other reasons not ever really truly made public) - but I would hazard a guess that the audience size for a revamped connect would be significantly smaller than T at its height at Balado (which memory serves was about 85,000) - original connects were only something like 35,000

Anyway - looking forward to hearing more as its my Birthday weekend as well 🙂

I always thought that Connect was a smaller Capacity of 20,000 it was Electric Picnic across the water that had 35,000 capacity, in both 2007 and 2008 The Picnic and Connect traded acts although we got LCD Soundsystem, Iggy Pop & the Stooges, Sonic Youth in 2007 as well but a lot of the lineup was identical.  Is Connect going to be on the same early September dates?

Edit: I see its the last weekend in August so the weekend before the Picnic.

Edited by pothead pixie