2015 Yeo Valley cloth Glastonbury bag.

Yoghurt on a Stick

2 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

@Yoghurt on a Stickbelieve me i wasnt trying to suggest that under normal circumstances you are the receiver..... far from it, you generously give us your weird and wonderful observations.... (please continue posting)

Granted, mysteriously you cannot give away a 7 year old cloth bag...

Oh, I'm disappointed now. I thought it was an intentional and deliciously served back handed swipe. Don't get me wrong, I didn't take (receive) it in a negative way. It's just that when you read the sentence in your post it could be seen to be drenched in whatever makes the English language what it is - or can be.

I did nearly 'go' then. As I think I indicated it was because I want to write a book. I've written loads of stuff already, but need to sort of stitch it all together. I've got to do a lot more work on the actual story too, and where it's going. So, that's taking up time. However, it's not limited to that alone. There are days now when i just cannot seem to be able to cover the bases. Even the most rudimentary bases. Not sure if that's an age / memory thing, or because I would appear to be pissed and drugged up a lot nowadays. My problem is that I actually like that state of existence. However, it's hard to achieve anything under those circumstances.

I guess I should be writing all this in the 'How do you feel' thread.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words. 🙂

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Instead of the typical 

It's tropical old son.. 

OK, I can deal with tropical. 

I've just remembered another 'tropical' - I remember that I like tropical balti.

I know. I know what you are thinking, right now! you are thinking;

How to Stop Being Boring - YouTube

Maybe this will put a smile on your faces

OK, maybe not.

In that case, try this. It's one of my real life stories, but is a little bit rude, so forgive me for that;

I was painting the house of a famous (then) footballer's girlfriend's house one summer, when I discovered a thrash mag hidden away in the airing cupboard. It was under the shelf and down the side of the wall, and the shit water water cylinder jacket insulation they had - back then. Anyway, I can't recall what the title of the 'magazine' was, but it had 'Readers Wives' in it, and low and behold, there was the lady of the house, and the footballers girlfriend, in the magazine. I say 'magazine;' when it was more like Formica when I'd finished with it!

Soz

34 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh, I'm disappointed now. I thought it was an intentional and deliciously served back handed swipe. Don't get me wrong, I didn't take (receive) it in a negative way. It's just that when you read the sentence in your post it could be seen to be drenched in whatever makes the English language what it is - or can be.

I did nearly 'go' then. As I think I indicated it was because I want to write a book. I've written loads of stuff already, but need to sort of stitch it all together. I've got to do a lot more work on the actual story too, and where it's going. So, that's taking up time. However, it's not limited to that alone. There are days now when i just cannot seem to be able to cover the bases. Even the most rudimentary bases. Not sure if that's an age / memory thing, or because I would appear to be pissed and drugged up a lot nowadays. My problem is that I actually like that state of existence. However, it's hard to achieve anything under those circumstances.

I guess I should be writing all this in the 'How do you feel' thread.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words. 🙂

Have you seen the film Another Round.? A thought provoking Danish film with Mads Mikklesen(?)… worth a watch.

37 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Have you seen the film Another Round.? A thought provoking Danish film with Mads Mikklesen(?)… worth a watch.

I haven't seen that film, no. However, I will copy and paste it and put it into my films to watch folder. Rather oddly, perhaps, I never actually watch any of the films etc in the folder. The last time that I saw a film is over 10 years ago. I know this because I can link in to when I met my now wife. We haven't watched a film together in all our 10 years together. Id actually like to break this cycle, and my wife would love to, it's just that it's such a plunge - I don't even watch telly that much - which means virtually ever. However, it will go into that folder as a prized possession. thank you.

12 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

OK, I can deal with tropical. 

I've just remembered another 'tropical' - I remember that I like tropical balti.

I know. I know what you are thinking, right now! you are thinking;

How to Stop Being Boring - YouTube

Maybe this will put a smile on your faces

OK, maybe not.

In that case, try this. It's one of my real life stories, but is a little bit rude, so forgive me for that;

I was painting the house of a famous (then) footballer's girlfriend's house one summer, when I discovered a thrash mag hidden away in the airing cupboard. It was under the shelf and down the side of the wall, and the shit water water cylinder jacket insulation they had - back then. Anyway, I can't recall what the title of the 'magazine' was, but it had 'Readers Wives' in it, and low and behold, there was the lady of the house, and the footballers girlfriend, in the magazine. I say 'magazine;' when it was more like Formica when I'd finished with it!

Soz

Lololol 

15 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I haven't seen that film, no. However, I will copy and paste it and put it into my films to watch folder. Rather oddly, perhaps, I never actually watch any of the films etc in the folder. The last time that I saw a film is over 10 years ago. I know this because I can link in to when I met my now wife. We haven't watched a film together in all our 10 years together. Id actually like to break this cycle, and my wife would love to, it's just that it's such a plunge - I don't even watch telly that much - which means virtually ever. However, it will go into that folder as a prized possession. thank you.

trailer

3 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

trailer

It does look interesting, and I am now more than intrigued to know how it pans out. However, The first two films that I will watch (if I manage to break this 10 year deadlock) will be one chosen by my wife, and then one chosen by me. We have already promised ourselves that, if such a thing did occur. 

This is a true story - and film related. About a year before I met my wife she had something happen to her which led to her being admitted to hospital and the NHS surgeons deciding that there was nothing to do but amputate her left arm. Now it just so happened that a military surgeon happened to overhear their conversation (The QE Hospital in Birmingham takes nearly all of the wounded soldiers as the military have a medical presence there). He told them what the problem was and that it was Compartment Syndrome, which is most often found in bomb blasts and gunshot wounds. Anyway, to cut a long story shorter - the military surgeon saved her arm. 

Anyway, a little while later she had to travel by train to go to one of her brothers weddings. She had bought the wedding couple a few grams of coke as a wedding present. Anyway, when she went to bed the night before (with her arm fixed up in the air - as it had to be) and got up the next morning and her son (who was due to take her bags for her to the train station, had not only snorted all the coke, but refused to help her carry her bags (he used to be a right little c**t). So she called a kind of friend and this kind of friend got her boyfriend to call around to take my wife to the train station. Now this lad wasn't the brightest, so when they got talking about films she was surprised to hear him declare that he was a bit of a film buff. My wife then asked him what his favourite film was, and his response was 'Superman 2'. As you will appreciate, it was very hard for my wife to control herself from laughing.