Lineup 2022

Supernintendo Chalmers

59 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Got half an eye on this, not ruling out taking the kids.

Fucking expensive though!

Yeah, it is a little steep, hopefully the price is reflected in the lineup and Josie's usual production values. I'm taking my two nieces (11 and 14), their first festival...and my first time taking kids. I don't have children myself, but I do like to expose my niblings to the wider world. I've been to Bestival before and it was great, and I've only heard great things about CB from others, so fingers crossed for some decent names on Tuesday. Past lineups have been a nice mix

Camp Bestivalers quick question;

Is CB suitable for people without kids in tow?

Used to go to Bestival (RIP beautiful Bestival!) quite fancied CB but it's a bit of a trek from the Midlands so this new Shropshire one looks ideally placed.

Obvs it is very family oriented, none of the old Bestival hedonism!  Which tbf is prob more my pace nowadays anyway 😉

Edited by DirtyLurker
Spelling

10 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Camp Bestivalers quick question;

Is CB suitable for people without kids in tow?

Honestly, for me, I'd say no.

Others will see it differently, as they'll be a lot more patient than I am, but I think the important thing is to be aware that there's going to be an insane number of unsupervised kids running around and there's no respite anywhere. Just need to decide whether or how much that'll affect you.

Granted, that's based on CB at Lulworth 10 years ago, so CB and Weston in 2022 may well be different.

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2022 at 1:02 PM, incident said:

Honestly, for me, I'd say no.

Others will see it differently, as they'll be a lot more patient than I am, but I think the important thing is to be aware that there's going to be an insane number of unsupervised kids running around and there's no respite anywhere. Just need to decide whether or how much that'll affect you.

Granted, that's based on CB at Lulworth 10 years ago, so CB and Weston in 2022 may well be different.

Thanks for the info - by insane number of kids are we talking on a par with Latitude or more?

I don't have too much of an issue with sproglettes running around but I don't want to feel like a childless pair encroaching on family times.

Like will we be out of place type thing.

All that said I already bought tickets for Camper Calling and there are a fair few crossover acts so if CB really isn't for us then I haven't missed out too much... apart from Fatboy & Example, both awesome live and almost worth being the only adults in fields full of kids!

• 2 months later...