Friday(home and back)

Due to a family commitment (don't ask I'm totally gutted), I've got to get home to London on Friday afternoon, and then back to the festival on Saturday morning.

I'm on a coach package (Thursday to Monday), so I'm thinking of using the train. Does anyone know if there are buses running all the time between the site and Castle Carey station?

Its a bit unfortunate that you're on a Thurs coach as otherwise, you'd at least have the whole of weds, thurs and fri am before having to depart.

Depending on what your timings are you could get the bus from the festival to Castle Cary at 10am and be back in London by 1pm.

Coming back to Castle Cary, the first train out of Paddington on a Saturday is currently 08.35am arriving Castle Cary by 10.14am so you would be back on site by 11am. (of course the summer/festival timetable may be slightly different so best to check at the end of March when the timetables for June go live)

If you time it all right you've still got 24 or so hours when you first get there (and maybe more if you don't have to shoot off straight away on the Friday), the whole of Saturday and the whole of Sunday and into Monday morning.

Still worth it if you ask me. 🙂 

Edited by gooner1990

57 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Its a bit unfortunate that you're on a Thurs coach as otherwise, you'd at least have the whole of weds, thurs and fri am before having to depart.

Depending on what your timings are you could get the bus from the festival to Castle Cary at 10am and be back in London by 1pm.

Coming back to Castle Cary, the first train out of Paddington on a Saturday is currently 08.35am arriving Castle Cary by 10.14am so you would be back on site by 11am. (of course the summer/festival maybe slightly different so best to check at the end of March when the timetables for June go live)

If you time it all right you've still got 24 or so hours when you first get there (and maybe more if you don't have to shoot off straight away on the Friday), the whole of Saturday and the whole of Sunday and into Monday morning.

Still worth it if you ask me. 🙂 

100% - I'd kill to be facing that scenario this year. 

Peace and love from your ticketless friend, Blutarsky x

Thank you all for the assistance and guidance!.

I'm really (really) hoping I can get it down to 'only' missing 24h,  although nothing can really compensate for missing Friday, which I sure will be wonderful.

With all our plans being made so long ago, something was always going to crop up, but I'll work around it!

That forlorn figure walking off site on Friday morning is me. The crazy dude running through the gates on Saturday with his hands in the air, is also me.

Xx

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 7:22 PM, 2019 said:

Thank you all for the assistance and guidance!.

I'm really (really) hoping I can get it down to 'only' missing 24h,  although nothing can really compensate for missing Friday, which I sure will be wonderful.

With all our plans being made so long ago, something was always going to crop up, but I'll work around it!

That forlorn figure walking off site on Friday morning is me. The crazy dude running through the gates on Saturday with his hands in the air, is also me.

Xx

Is whatever you're going to, going to wrap up early ish on the Friday? 

You could possibly get the last train out of Paddington > Castle Cary on the Friday night....