Pierce O’Brien

Somto Unigwe Raphael

Went to see IDLES last night at Brixton and bumped into Alan Mcgee. Was chatting to him and another bloke he was with who’s a promoter in Manchester. Got onto the topic of Glasto and the bloke he was with said he’s got an act playing Williams Green this year called Pierce O’Brien.

Said he’s an Oasis/Kasabian/Stone Roses kinda vibe and this bloke wants him to be the next Ian Brown or Liam Gallagher and he’s lining up some gigs at seminal Manchester venues at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Went to see IDLES last night at Brixton and bumped into Alan Mcgee. Was chatting to him and another bloke he was with who’s a promoter in Manchester. Got onto the topic of Glasto and the bloke he was with said he’s got an act playing Williams Green this year called Pierce O’Brien.

Said he’s an Oasis/Kasabian/Stone Roses kinda vibe and this bloke wants him to be the next Ian Brown or Liam Gallagher and he’s lining up some gigs at seminal Manchester venues at the moment.

Oh thank god, there's such a shortage of these types of acts around. 

• Like 1

Can't tell if this is a pisstake, most stereotypical Manc I've heard in a while. Sounds like the kind of people left at the end of a Liam Gallagher gig who've been drinking since 11am and will start having a go at you if you don't tell them that you thought it was "biblical". Although I don't know anyone from Manchester who uses the word "Manny", almost always used by people who aren't from here.

Also if anyone's at IDLES tonight, there's another O'Brien, who's supporting and who you should definitely check out. She was great at Latitude.

2 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Can't tell if this is a pisstake, most stereotypical Manc I've heard in a while. Sounds like the kind of people left at the end of a Liam Gallagher gig who've been drinking since 11am and will start having a go at you if you don't tell them that you thought it was "biblical". Although I don't know anyone from Manchester who uses the word "Manny", almost always used by people who aren't from here.

Also if anyone's at IDLES tonight, there's another O'Brien, who's supporting and who you should definitely check out. She was great at Latitude.

Sinead? She’s my friend’s friend lol.

56 minutes ago, Miyn said:

This. Sad to not be going tonight, as was looking forward to seeing her.

On 1/18/2022 at 7:13 PM, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

This is possibly the worst thing I've ever heard.

On 1/18/2022 at 7:13 PM, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Not giving us your opinion? 

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

Not giving us your opinion? 

Not my cup of tea really. Lad rock is probably my least favourite type of music and I can’t think of anything worse than someone being the new Liam Gallagher.

Think those tunes are strangely catchy, though. Keep getting that Spicehead chorus stuck in my head.

Also not so sure about the line “Spicehead! You bought your girlfriend a bottle of warm Lambrini that you stole from Netto.” Don’t think he thought that one through very well.