When We Were Young fest 2022

LazyDavid

1 hour ago, WFD said:

The ticket page suggests there are only three stages, and it runs from 11am-11pm - and there are over 60 acts on that poster so there must be a lot of short sets to fit all of them in.

According to Reddit, someone has said that they are having rotating stages...one band playing, whilst the next band preps behind.

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The only issue as people have said is the sheer amount of clashes and smaller hit setlists. On the face of it, it's superb but 3 stages for all that is hard.

Yeah if it is 3 stages then it’ll be a lot of short sets but you get to see more bands. If there are more than 3 stages then longer sets and more bands. Still would be a good weekend in Vegas tbh. Shame it’s not been put on over 2 days. 

Edited by foolee

The organisers just posted a load of info on their Instagram story. 

• Presale tickets may sell out - if not, then there will be a general sale (RIP all international visitors)
  • 11am to 12am
  • Multiple stages (removed anything that referenced 3) throughout the venue
  • Act times will vary depending on when they play during the day, headline acts will get an hour or more.
  • Proof of negative covid test or full vaccination may be required to enter
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Is this the case of the acts being split across multiple days or is everyone just playing both days?

Same lineup both days, so no problems resolved concerning the insane schedule, clashes or price. 

Decided to join the queue for tickets earlier but, somewhat fortunately, no luck. The lineup is the thing of dreams for me but not sure going all the way to Vegas for it would be very wise. 

On 1/20/2022 at 8:25 AM, SpongeNob said:

The organisers just posted a load of info on their Instagram story. 

• Presale tickets may sell out - if not, then there will be a general sale (RIP all international visitors)
  • 11am to 12am
  • Multiple stages (removed anything that referenced 3) throughout the venue

Ah so no main sale now that the presale has almost definitely sold out? Always thought it weird when they do that - I mean, was there any doubt that this shit was gonna sell out given the hype surrounding it? Both dates included.

Fingers crossed they’re amending the 3 stage thing, although either way there are gonna be some tough decisions to be made. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Same lineup both days, so no problems resolved concerning the insane schedule, clashes or price. 

Decided to join the queue for tickets earlier but, somewhat fortunately, no luck. The lineup is the thing of dreams for me but not sure going all the way to Vegas for it would be very wise. 

It can add up. As I noted in the Reading/Leeds 2022 thread, I was very tempted to book for Boston Calling 2020 when that had Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Rage Against the Machine as headliners but I found a $400 ticket price on top of the cost of US flights/hotels to be excessive. Though I imagine for some people it'll be totally fucking worth it, and given Live Nation is backing it, might be more legit than people expected.

I do agree though that the clashes and scheduling already sounds like a proper ballache. 60+ acts in one day across three stages sounds like a lot to put together, or a situation where you have acts playing for only 20 minutes.

On 1/22/2022 at 12:22 AM, charlierc said:

It can add up. As I noted in the Reading/Leeds 2022 thread, I was very tempted to book for Boston Calling 2020 when that had Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Rage Against the Machine as headliners but I found a $400 ticket price on top of the cost of US flights/hotels to be excessive. Though I imagine for some people it'll be totally fucking worth it, and given Live Nation is backing it, might be more legit than people expected.

I do agree though that the clashes and scheduling already sounds like a proper ballache. 60+ acts in one day across three stages sounds like a lot to put together, or a situation where you have acts playing for only 20 minutes.

Boston Calling released their lineup on Friday. RHCP got replaced by The Strokes and RATM got replaced by Metallica.

Resim