Stage Predictions 2022: For real this time

dentalplan

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I mean we only had Camilla for that in 2020 and she definitely wasnt getting that big of a slot.

Lots of people are competing for Other Sub (Sam Fender, Wolf Alice, AJ Tracey, Jorja Smith, Glass Animals?, Jamie XX?) and she seems like a nobrainer for a mid-afternoon pyramid slot.

We were still missing a sub and a third down on the Sunday. So hard to bench it off 2020.

8 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Ah you know, Jorja and Jamie are big ones missing. Good shout @Mattymooz

Jamie’s got a new album this summer co-produced by Fred Again which will invariably have hits. Jorja feels overdue a key slot. They could be WH headliners, top 3 Other, mid-afternoon El Pointo (Jorja), closing down JP (Jamie)… all sorts.

Jorja had a pretty big slot in 2019, my thoughts would be she would miss the next festival and probably come back for an even bigger slot in 2023. I have her pencilled as a 2023 other headliner tbh.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Also I think Gayle’s stuff is quite cool but she doesn’t seem to be exploding in the way that Billie and O Rod did. I think Gayle will have a slower burn.

Gayle is destined for the John Peel stage surely? I keep catching her stuff on playlists on Spotify.

14 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Putting a hybrid of mine and @Ddiamondd’s prediction in poster format gets me excited. 

I moved Dua and Harry up into the top line bucket but it was difficult to format it and make it look pretty. So I put the rest of the subs up there to balance it out. 

Really have a hunch that Harry is happening and I reckon if he was bunched with the headliners on the poster like they do sometimes his team would be fine with it. The reason why I really think it’s him is current predictions are missing a big pyramid (non-headlining) pop name that the festival always gets. Think Miley, Katy Perry, Janet etc.

February let’s go!!!

edit: ffs forgot HAIM

B0CDC547-B869-4E83-B13E-CD81391E2697.png

Looking good! No Michael Kiwanuka? Kae Tempest?

Edit: really hope if Anderson Paak shows up he does so with Bruno Mars as Silk Sonic.

Edited by kalifire

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

Looking good! No Michael Kiwanuka? Kae Tempest?

Edit: really hope if Anderson Paak shows up he does so with Bruno Mars as Silk Sonic.

MK takes quite big slots now doesn’t he? I can’t really agree on where he would go. My thoughts are that he’s a 2023 act.

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think we’ve managed to predict the pyramid tbh aside from a few acts here and there. I don’t think he will be on the pyramid this year. Think he’s a 2023 act.

It's all just predictions until the line up drop.

I think there's more to point to him being there than not, we'll see I guess.

On 1/21/2022 at 12:06 PM, maelzoid said:

Pierce "63 Monthly Listeners" O'Brien is not opening the Pyramid.

Just in case anyone hasn't been on that thread and realises this is a joke.

I’m the real Pierce O’ Brien & I’ve got the best tunes since Oasis & The Stone Roses in Manchester I’ll have the crowd at Glastonbury bang up for the other acts as soon as the offer comes through from Emily & Michael Evis praying they give me a slot got the best tunes in the world right here right now which is all that matters just need a break 👊👊👊

On 1/21/2022 at 12:06 PM, maelzoid said:

37 minutes ago, Pierce O Brien said:

I’m the real Pierce O’ Brien & I’ve got the best tunes since Oasis & The Stone Roses in Manchester I’ll have the crowd at Glastonbury bang up for the other acts as soon as the offer comes through from Emily & Michael Evis praying they give me a slot got the best tunes in the world right here right now which is all that matters just need a break 👊👊👊

This Pierce O’Brien shit is getting beyond tedious.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

This Pierce O’Brien shit is getting beyond tedious.

You know what Hugh, the only thing about this site that is tedious is you. You act as if you're above everyone else on here, talking down any poster that is trying to have a laugh when it doesn't fit your humour. Why don't you try the ignore button for size you monumental bellend.

1 minute ago, Graphic Design Pete said:

You know what Hugh, the only thing about this site that is tedious is you. You act as if you're above everyone else on here, talking down any poster that is trying to have a laugh when it doesn't fit your humour. Why don't you try the ignore button for size you monumental bellend.

@Somto Unigwe Raphael

Genuine question… what exactly is going on here? You and your mate and all these wacky new accounts that have sprung up recently…

Are they just you two over and over again? Is it just you talking to yourself? Or is it all your mates back after the last time you were all banned?

I’m genuinely curious to know what the game is here. 

51 minutes ago, Pierce O Brien said:

I take it back, Pierce. Best of luck to you. 

Friday:

Pyramid: Billie Eilish / Special Guest: Harry Styles / Elbow / Megan Thee Stallion / Kacey Musgraves

Other: Pet Shop Boys / Sam Fender / London Grammar / IDLES / Fontaines D.C. / … / Happy Mondays

West Holts: Little Simz / Arlo Parks

John Peel: Editors / The Jesus and Mary Chain / Working Mens Club

Park: Caribou / Big Thief / black midi

Saturday:

Pyramid: Dua Lipa / Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds / HAIM / ??? / Sigrid

Other: Foals / Wolf Alice / Glass Animals / Self Esteem

West Holts: Bicep / Sons of Kemet

John Peel: Primal Scream / FKA twigs / Mitski

Park: Manic Street Preachers / Laura Marling

Sunday:

Pyramid: Paul McCartney / Royal Blood / The Specials / Diana Ross / Crowded House / Herbie Hancock

Other: Lorde / AJ Tracey / Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals

West Holts: ???

John Peel: Charli XCX / Rina Sawayama

Park: Phoebe Bridgers / Shame / Black Country New Road

Williams Green: Pierce O’Brien, Sorry, Tribes

1 hour ago, Pierce O Brien said:

love this tune mate 

3 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Friday:

Pyramid: Billie Eilish / Special Guest: Harry Styles / Elbow / Megan Thee Stallion / Kacey Musgraves

Other: Pet Shop Boys / Sam Fender / London Grammar / IDLES / Fontaines D.C. / … / Happy Mondays

West Holts: Little Simz / Arlo Parks

John Peel: Editors / The Jesus and Mary Chain / Working Mens Club

Park: Caribou / Big Thief / black midi

Saturday:

Pyramid: Dua Lipa / Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds / HAIM / ??? / Sigrid

Other: Foals / Wolf Alice / Glass Animals / Self Esteem

West Holts: Bicep / Sons of Kemet

John Peel: Primal Scream / FKA twigs / Mitski

Park: Manic Street Preachers / Laura Marling

Sunday:

Pyramid: Paul McCartney / Royal Blood / The Specials / Diana Ross / Crowded House / Herbie Hancock

Other: Lorde / AJ Tracey / Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals

West Holts: ???

John Peel: Charli XCX / Rina Sawayama

Park: Phoebe Bridgers / Shame / Black Country New Road

Williams Green: Pierce O’Brien, Sorry, Tribes

No need to apologise to Tribes. I'm sure they'll be fine with Pierce being listed above them