news & politics:discussion

zahidf

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Pure dead cat nonsense that.

I’m really glad that Starmer’s speech is getting such good plaudits for across the political spectrum, it was that good and hopefully more people will warm to him as they see it on the news.

37 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So...the Starmer-Saville thing is obviously a strategy...doesn't matter if untrue...get it out there. Tory Scum.

He has form in doing that as well. I wasn’t a big fan of Corbyn but Johnson was openly lying and slandering him during the last election. If it resonates enough to smear his opponent and lose them votes, truth be damned, and quite honestly more fool the electorate who fall for it. 

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

It's all very similar to the tactics leave use in Brexit referendum which Trump then adopted. Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the conversation. The fact Truss and Raab have both refused to outright say whether it's true or not just shows they know its a lie. 

Just find it very sad this is the direction politics is going in and annoyingly it actually seems to be a successful strategy.

15 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Wouldn't you expect a cabinet minister to test in the morning before she squished in between the Home Secretary and the Heath Secretary to listen to her bullshitting boss? 

55 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

It's all very similar to the tactics leave use in Brexit referendum which Trump then adopted. Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the conversation. The fact Truss and Raab have both refused to outright say whether it's true or not just shows they know its a lie. 

Just find it very sad this is the direction politics is going in and annoyingly it actually seems to be a successful strategy.

It's not all that new. It's a tactic referred to as 'the big lie'. Goebbels was a big fan (may well have invented it).

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Andrew Mitchell MP bloke likened Johnson to battery acid corroding the tory party more and more the longer he stays...

johnson is being just like johnson.

I find it all very disheartening.  Boris will hold on as long as possible.  He will probably survive any confidence vote but, even if he doesn't, we'll still have a Tory government, albeit under a different leader  A General Election is still two years away.

2 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

I find it all very disheartening.  Boris will hold on as long as possible.  He will probably survive any confidence vote but, even if he doesn't, we'll still have a Tory government, albeit under a different leader  A General Election is still two years away.

I mean, there is a school of thought that the longer he stays leader, the more damage to the tory party and to his potential successor...so long may it continue...King Boris!