news & politics:discussion

zahidf

7 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

PMSL. Don't you have an opinion poll to search for or are there none you like today ?

Here's one for you. Despite the 'Cost of Living Crisis' (your words) and Partygate, Labour are losing ground to the Tories.
Sack Starmer - he's pretty useless.

Just now, Ommadawn said:

Here's one for you. Despite the 'Cost of Living Crisis' (your words) and Partygate, Labour are losing ground to the Tories.
Sack Starmer - he's pretty useless.

We discussed that on the last page, you might want to play better attention to the discussion here. No wonder you let someone else dictate who you vote for.

46 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

because outside EU's internal energy market?

Pretty much. Leaving the IEM means an end to market coupling, where energy trading can be conducted implicitly across borders, the UK would be withdrawing from a series of platforms that make the trade of power across interconnectors easier and cheaper. Moving to an explicit model increases the complexity of cross-border trading due to added costs and complexities. 

In a House of Lords report into post-Brexit energy security, National Grid priced the cost of leaving the IEM (without new measures in place) at £500m per year.

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Pretty much. Leaving the IEM means an end to market coupling, where energy trading can be conducted implicitly across borders, the UK would be withdrawing from a series of platforms that make the trade of power across interconnectors easier and cheaper. Moving to an explicit model increases the complexity of cross-border trading due to added costs and complexities. 

In a House of Lords report into post-Brexit energy security, National Grid priced the cost of leaving the IEM (without new measures in place) at £500m per year.

could have just linked to this the wording is very similar  ? 

https://www.london4europe.co.uk/counting_the_cost_of_leaving_the_internal_energy_market

Edited by crazyfool1

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yes because we need a sense of perspective, who cares that in the heart of govt they were ignoring the rules they imposed on everyone else and partying away and that Johnson knowingly lied to parliament about it. Not important at all, despite the inquiry that Johnson originally thought was necessary because it once was really important apparently and it all made him very angry, and then really sad and apologetic when press found out about parties on the eve of prince Philip's funeral, then suddenly consumed with all the more important stuff when it was found out he was obviously guilty as fuck. And not important that the police suddenly have to open an investigation which conveniently means evidence won't end up seeing the light of day. 

At least we don't live in a corrupt country though.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ozanne said:

We discussed that on the last page, you might want to play better attention to the discussion here. No wonder you let someone else dictate who you vote for.

Apologies. it's just that you post much crap on here, it all blends into a fuzzy haze sometimes. Anyway my comments on Starmer stand although I'm sure that will result in the predicable response from you.

Maybe I should have worded my previous comments more clearly for you. I should have said that it's reading posts from people like you who brand everyone a Tory who doesn't agree with their views that put me off from voting Labour. Much like it did for large swaths of the population at the last General Election.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Apologies. it's just that you post much crap on here, it all blends into a fuzzy haze sometimes. Anyway my comments on Starmer stand although I'm sure that will result in the predicable response from you.

Maybe I should have worded my previous comments more clearly for you. I should have said that it's reading posts from people like you who brand everyone a Tory who doesn't agree with their views that put me off from voting Labour. Much like it did for large swaths of the population at the last General Election.

I can only go from the perception your posts give off and that is that you'd prefer a Tory government. Partly due to your constant criticisms of Labour regardless of how bad the current government do yet never anything on the Tory government and moving the goalposts regarding an apparent lack of policies/vision from Labour.

It shouldn't matter how other people make you feel, base your vote on the policies on offer that will do the best for your community and the country. 

19 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

To be fair to Starmer everyone was saying he should call for Johnson to resign...and now he has over and over and it's kind of getting boring because Johnson obviously isn't going to resign and infact it is probably helping to get him more support from his backbenches and the tory press. And infact Johnson is trying to give it back to Starmer that he is obsessed with it when there are more important things like Ukraine, ignoring the fact that labour are fully supporting govt actions/threats against Russia anyway (labour want to make sure they look oh so tough on Russia after the salisbury/corbyn thing). So, Starmer will also have to move on from partygate, because I expect voters will be getting sick of the whole thing and are more worried about their heating and food bills.

I noticed that the BBC is reporting the police investigation into Mason Greenwood, I thought the Police don’t like the names of people they are investigating being in the public domain until they have completed their investigations. 

Just to be clear I am not condoning the assault of women or trivialising what he is accused of, but the fact that peoples identity is quite often publicised prior to the conclusion of an investigation.

13 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

I noticed that the BBC is reporting the police investigation into Mason Greenwood, I thought the Police don’t like the names of people they are investigating being in the public domain until they have completed their investigations. 

Just to be clear I am not condoning the assault of women or trivialising what he is accused of, but the fact that peoples identity is quite often publicised prior to the conclusion of an investigation.

BBC says police are reporting a man has been arrested whilst at same time Mason Greenwood suspended from Man U, so I guess that keeps them covered.

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

BBC says police are reporting a man has been arrested whilst at same time Mason Greenwood suspended from Man U, so I guess that keeps them covered.

The arrest announcement happened shortly after i posted, prior to that they said the police were investigating him and named him, I assume the arrest means it goes sub judice.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

The big hope now is that Cummings has some big revelations to drop after the report comes out.

One of the most powerful men in the UK right now.  I wonder what else, or how much more, he has. 

2 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I can only go from the perception your posts give off and that is that you'd prefer a Tory government. Partly due to your constant criticisms of Labour regardless of how bad the current government do yet never anything on the Tory government and moving the goalposts regarding an apparent lack of policies/vision from Labour.

It shouldn't matter how other people make you feel, base your vote on the policies on offer that will do the best for your community and the country. 

Worth remembering that ozanne voted Lib Dem in 2019 so he’s not quite as staunchly Labour as he makes out