Camper Van Tickets

gherkin8r

So we have a camper van ticket for this year and are planning on taking 3 kids with us to the festival (will be aged 9, 8 and 2). The ticket for the van we have is for Bath and West which wasn't outlr first preference but we took what we could get. 

I THINK we would like to somehow secure either CV West or CV East (quiet) tickets and return the Bath and West ticket primarily to avoid having to get the shuttle bus. In the past the advice on here seemed to be that camper tickets seem to randomly go back on sale at different times so we had hoped we might get the ones we were after that way. 

I suppose my question is really 2 questions:

1. Would others with experience of the various CV fields (and even better who have had kids with them) agree that the CV West or East quiet are preferable to the B&W showground? 

2. Is it likely that CV tickets will go back on sale at random intervals between now and balance payment date? 

Your help is very much appreciated! 

21 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

1. Would others with experience of the various CV fields (and even better who have had kids with them) agree that the CV West or East quiet are preferable to the B&W showground? 

there are no camper van west tickets ... it no longer exists 

21 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

2. Is it likely that CV tickets will go back on sale at random intervals between now and balance payment date? 

and yes there is a fairly decent chance around resale time and sometimes in dribs and drabs after that 

30 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

So we have a camper van ticket for this year and are planning on taking 3 kids with us to the festival (will be aged 9, 8 and 2). The ticket for the van we have is for Bath and West which wasn't outlr first preference but we took what we could get. 

I THINK we would like to somehow secure either CV West or CV East (quiet) tickets and return the Bath and West ticket primarily to avoid having to get the shuttle bus. In the past the advice on here seemed to be that camper tickets seem to randomly go back on sale at different times so we had hoped we might get the ones we were after that way. 

I suppose my question is really 2 questions:

Your help is very much appreciated! 

Others please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe campervan west is no longer as the area has been allocated to Sticklinch, pre-erected tent village. This just leaves campervan east and the showground. Regarding the former a quick search found this published in December.

CAMPERVAN & CARAVAN SPACES

Last modified: December 13, 2021

ACCESSIBLE CAMPSITE Campervan & caravan spaces within the accessible campsite have sold out. If you would like to be added to the waiting list in case we have any cancellations you can request this when completing your access application. EAST CAMPERVAN FIELD We have a forward reserved area in the east campervan fields for customers […]

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/?s=campervan&x=2&y=9

I can't help on Q1 but as regards Q2 I wouldn't expect a resale of campervan tickets until after the balance payment due and, in all probability (based on history), after the ticket resale. Having acquired a showground ticket it would be unwise give this up on the hope of getting a campervan east ticket later. In a normal year campervan pass sales appear regularly after the resale and into May, but this isn't a normal year. And with the apparent demise of campervan west demand for campervan east will be predictably higher

Edited by Lycra

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

Others please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe campervan west is no longer as the area has been allocated to Sticklinch, pre-erected tent village. This just leaves campervan east and the showground. Regarding the former a quick search found this published in December.

CAMPERVAN & CARAVAN SPACES

Last modified: December 13, 2021

ACCESSIBLE CAMPSITE Campervan & caravan spaces within the accessible campsite have sold out. If you would like to be added to the waiting list in case we have any cancellations you can request this when completing your access application. EAST CAMPERVAN FIELD We have a forward reserved area in the east campervan fields for customers […]

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/?s=campervan&x=2&y=9

I can't help on Q1 but as regards Q2 I wouldn't expect a resale of campervan tickets until after the balance payment due and, in all probability (based on history), after the ticket resale. Having acquired a showground ticket it would be unwise give this up on the hope of getting a campervan east ticket later. In a normal year campervan pass sales appear regularly after the resale and into May, but this isn't a normal year. And with the apparent demise of campervan west demand for campervan east will be predictably higher

Thanks both, I wasn't aware CV West had gone!

The ideal scenario was to get a CVEast ticket at some point before the resale as then we could give up the B&W one. As you say though Lycra we wouldn't be keen on taking a chance and being left with no CV ticket. 

Will take a look at that link now.