news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, Ozanne said:

Gary speaking sense. 

As much as I disliked him as a player for playing for the wrong team he’s a good person for reaching the voting demographic who don’t really do politics but voted for Spaffer because he seems like one of the lads. 

15 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I think Thatcher is worshipped in today's tory party...stupid fuckers.

they're not very brigfht, they tbhougfht brexit was a good idea.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah really weird. Has something in particular come up maybe? Or has this been the outcome of negotiations all week?

I actually think I'd prefer them to release at least some of it now if it's going to drag on forever.

I think she should delay...what's point of releasing report with all juicy stuff redacted, and then police end up dropping investigation...wait till police done, and then release whole thing.

34 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think she should delay...what's point of releasing report with all juicy stuff redacted, and then police end up dropping investigation...wait till police done, and then release whole thing.

I guess. Just feels like this will all get forgotten that way.

I hope Cummings has something else in his back pocket.

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Calling it now. The report will drop, Spaffer will think he’s got away with it and then pics will emerge of him doing coke off Patels cleavage. 

I always wondered if any photo evidence from a party would emerge.

Personally I suspected we'd see Boris going full tilt in a conger line, behind Patel, his hand far too close to her breast, Sunak behind him, somehow doing it wrong. Hancock on the decks.

2 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Bonkers to call it a "loophole"...  Its been part of the tax system for donkeys and is one of the standard things all freelancers who work from home have been claiming for donkeys.

In the same week that Liz Truss spent half a million on a flight to Australia.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Anyone hear of any protests planned? Quite surprised there haven't been any beyond that Boris lookalike thing.

don't think they'd help, met a boris fan the other day who was convinced there's nothing wrong with boris, he's just got some dedicated haters.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

don't think they'd help, met a boris fan the other day who was convinced there's nothing wrong with boris, he's just got some dedicated haters.

They were trying to peddle that shit on Newsnight yesterday... that this is a media and opposition witch-hunt.